This post contains affiliate links. Our disclosure policy.
There’s nothing quite like a Bacon and Egg Pie and this Puff Pastry Recipe is a true winner that you will love to make.
It’s super simple to put together and it’s not just great for breakfast. It’s the perfect meal for on the run Moms and a crowd pleaser.
The recipe comes from Wendy’s Kitchen Table, a wonderful recipe blog run by WHOot contributor Wendy. We love the simplicity and good old fashioned home style meal ideas she features.
We guarantee that this Egg and Bacon Pie will more than satisfy!
Bacon And Egg Pie Puff Pastry Video
Wendy will show you how simple this Pie is to make using a few simple ingredients you might already have on hand.
It’s assembled in minutes and then popped in the oven until it’s nice and golden. Click play above to watch her in action now ^
Bacon And Egg Pie Ingredients
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 6 rashers bacon, chopped
- ½ cup mixed vegetables(peas, corn)
- 2 tablespoons chutney/relish
- 6 eggs
- milk or egg yolk
Bacon And Egg Pie Instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 180˚C or 160˚C fan-forced. Grease a 20cm square cake tin or dish and use 1 sheet of puff pastry to line it.
- Sprinkle onion, bacon and mixed vegetables evenly over pastry. Dot the chutney on top. Break eggs evenly over, pricking the yolks so they run slightly.
- Carefully lift the second sheet of pastry over filling. Fold pastry edges over press down with a fork.
- Brush top with milk or egg yolk.
- Bake for 40 mins until well risen and golden. To serve cut into squares. Serve hot or cold
Want more Wendy? Check out all her recipes here