Steve from Steve’s Kitchen never ceases to amaze us with his incredible recipes and the great tutorials that go with them.
If you’ve ever wanted to make Pickled Onions, then just follow Steve along as he shows you to make them crispier than ever!
The great thing about this recipe is that you don’t need to boil the onions. According to Steve, this is what produces a soggy result.
The recipe will fill a 1.5 Litre Mason Jar. They make a fantastic homemade gift for family and friends and everyone will love them. Be sure to add a cute label and the recipe on them too.
Crispy Pickled Onions Ingredients
- 1kg Pickling Onions
- 2 tablespoons of Pickling Spice
- 500mls / 1 pint of Malt Vinegar
Crispy Pickled Onions Recipe Video
Steve shows you how easy it is to whip up a jar of these onions using simple ingredients and all of your favorite spices. So have fun and mix it up. Click play above to watch Steve now ^
How To Make Crispy Pickled Onions
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Wait Time: 4-6 weeks
Crispy Pickled Onions Instructions
- Top and tail and peel the onions and place them into your pickling jar.
Add the pickling spices and pour in the malt Vinegar.
- Close the lid tight and then turn the jar upside down on a saucer (just in case there is any leakage) for about a week. This allows the top onions to get fully immersed in the vinegar and start to be infused.
- Turn the jar the right way up and store for a further 3-5 weeks. Store your pickled onions in a dark spot and allow them to mature.