You’ll get totally hooked on this collection of adorable Crochet Baby Cocoons and Hats. We have rounded up a number of gorgeous projects that you will love to make.
Don’t you love the stunning detail and the old fashioned vintage look? The lace detail around the tail of the cocoon is stunning.
It perfectly complements the lace detail on the oversized flower on the Beanie. This is a truly beautiful piece. You will need both Crochet and Knitting skills for this pattern.
Knit: Easy – Stocking Stitch: includes instructions for knitting flat (Knit and Purl) or knitting in the round (Knit only)
Crochet – Easy: Although this lace looks incredibly intricate, it is actually quite simple. The charts and written instructions provide clear, easy to follow directions.
You will need some experience in crochet to feel comfortable with the lace. But if you haven’t knit before, this is the pattern that makes it worthwhile to learn.
There are many excellent videos out there to teach you the basic stocking stitch. Knitting is a great addition to your skill set!
Size: Newborn to 3 Months
Materials Used In Pattern
- Medium Worsted Weight Yarn; Suggestions: Peaches and Crème, Lily Sugar and Cream, Willow Meadows: approx. 360 yards / 330 meters
- Fingering Weight Yarn or Cotton Thread Size 5; approx. 200 yards / 220 meters
- Knitting Needles Size US 8 / 5.0 mm 16-inch Circular Needles or Double Pointed Needles or Straight Needles
- Knitting Needles Size US 8 / 5.0 mm 24-inch Circular Needles or Double Pointed Needles or Straight Needles
- Crochet Hook Size US G-6 / 4.0 mm
- Crochet Hook Size US E-4 / 3.5 mm
- 1 yard/meter of 1-inch ribbon
- This pattern is written in US terminology