Bananas are definitely a favorite fruit but did you know that a banana a day can keep the Doctor away? Today we share with you the many unknown Banana Health Benefits and you will be amazed!
Bananas are known as the fruit of happiness and they can boost your mood instantly. They are packed with Potassium and their peels are nutrient-filled and can be used in a myriad of helpful ways.
Proven Health Benefits Of Eating Bananas
The graphic from Authority Diet shows some great evidence-based health benefits you can experience when eating bananas regularly.
- They’re filled with nutrients: Bananas contain healthy doses of many nutrients necessary for good health, including Vitamin B6, MagnesiumVitamin C, Potassium, and Folate. They also have a healthy dose of 3,1 grams of fiber.
- They fight aging & disease: Bananas contain high levels of the antioxidants dopamine and catechins.
- These elements help fight the cell-damaging free radicals that can wreak havoc on healthy cells.
- They strengthen bones: Bananas are a great source of magnesium, which helps to form stronger, firmer bones. The magnesium in bananas can help your body better absorb calcium, and increase bone mineral density.
- They help shed pounds: Bananas can help you lose weight! Low in calories, filling, and full of nutrients, they can keep your body satisfied on few calories. Some studies have shown them to be an appetite suppressant as well.
The Healthy Benefits of Bananas
The infographic above from Graphs.net shows how bananas can work to benefit your body. Besides high potassium, they contain a ton of other great minerals and sugars:
- They’re virtually allergen-free: Beneficient amino acids in bananas don’t cause allergic reactions in the majority of people.
- They boost health & mood: Bananas are a great source of iron, energy-boosting sugars, potassium, tryptophan. These can help boost health and your mood too.
- They heal: Bananas can help prevent and heal a number of ailments including macular degeneration, ulcers, urinary function and menstrual disorders.
Why You Should Eat A Banana A Day
As shown by Step Into My Green World there are numerous banana health benefits like calcium absorption, nerve function, Vitamin B6 and they are a great weight loss aid too.
Bananas also assist Anemia, give you an instant energy boost and have no Trans Fat. This is just the tip of the banana iceberg. You will be amazed at how much better you feel on a daily basis.
When And How To Eat Bananas
According to TrainerSpace.com, the riper the banana is, the more anti-cancer benefits it contains. Ripened bananas are also sweeter and more filling. Next time you bring a batch home from the store that’s still green, wait until your bananas develop a few brownish spots before eating.
Riper bananas also taste better in recipes. You could make up some protein-filled two-ingredient pancakes. All you need is 1 banana mashed with 2 eggs, then into your skillet. You could also bake a delicious banana bread loaf.
9 Unusual Banana Peel Uses
Now that you know how wonderfully bananas can benefit your body, here’s a few ways to use up those peels. These great ideas from QuidCorner have some surprising uses.
1. Shining Shoes & Silver With Banana Peels: The waxy skin inside the peel will give your dress shoes and your best silverware a luxurious shine!
2. Banana Peels In Your Garden: Using a banana peel in your soil not only packs it with some extra nutrients – that is especially good for rosebushes – but keeps away pests like greenflies.
3. Banana Peels For Healing Scars: The potassium and antioxidants inside the peel can help in the healing process of scars, making them less visible as time goes on. Plus its far healthier than most scar creams!
4. You Can Eat Banana Peels!: Bet you didn’t expect this one! You can eat the ripened peels raw, but they’re very tough. The best way to get the antioxidant power of the peels id to boil them first. They’d be a great topping chopped up on a fruit salad or oatmeal too!
5. Use Banana Peels To Slim Down: The starchiness of banana peels can help you out with weight loss too! Using them when they’re still a little green gives the most benefits, and the rest of the banana can be refrigerated a few days or frozen in a freezer bag. Add the peel to a morning smoothie, and get the feel-full, fat-burning benefits.
6. Burning The Peels: It’s a long process, but it can be done if you don’t want your garbage piling up with peels! They’ll need to be pulped, added to sawdust and dried out completely first.
7. Composting Banana Peels: If you’re lucky enough to have compost pickup in your area, or own your own compost, then banana peels make a great addition to the heap! They’ll add some lovely, rich potassium and phosphorus.
8. Make Banana Peel Juice. It doesn’t sound like it would be too appetizing, but banana peel juice is actually quite sweet! You could use it as a liquid in smoothies too, or even add them for some sweetness to a soup!
9. Removing Warts With Banana Peels. The strong potassium in banana peels can actually help heal warts and stop them from spreading too!
10 Amazing Benefits Of Banana Peels
These great ideas come from StyleCraze and give even more amazing ways banana peels can benefit you! Whiten your teeth, get rid of pimples, reduce wrinkles, and help Psoriasis all with something you’d normally throw away.
Whitening your teeth: Rubbing a banana peel on your teeth every morning before brushing can help get rid of surface stains.
Clearing Up Pimples: Getting rid of pimples with nutrients inside banana peels is another great use. Just rubbing the inside of the peel on your skin and leaving it on for 5 minutes can help.
Reducing Wrinkles: Antioxidants in banana peels can make a big difference in your skin. Making a mixture of a vitamin-rich egg yolk can help even more in preventing and making wrinkles less noticeable.
Psoriasis Relief: The moisturizing properties of a banana peel can help relieve Psoriasis symptoms, and reduce redness and itchiness.