It really is a case that you are what you eat. Did you know that this extends to your brain too? Just as Tv can dumb you down, so can your choice of foods and what you drink for that matter.
Today we are sharing with you what you should be adding to your daily diet and the good news is they are all taste great. These Superfoods will aid your memory, focus, and concentration.
Top 10 Brain Foods Video
Ronnie White is a legitimate Brainiac! You might recognize him from National Geographic’s Brain Games. He is a 2 time USA Memory Champion and when he was in training, he lost 20 pounds.
This was due to all the brain food that he was consuming. This video has some exceptional and very interesting information that you won’t want to miss. Click Play above now ^
Ronnie White’s Brain Food List
1. Eat whole grains for a steady supply of energy to your brain. This is a a great brain and memory food.
2. Eat oil fish (Salmon, trout, mackerel, herring). Essential fatty acids cannot be made by the body and must be obtained through a diet. You can get this from Omega 3 pills as well. Flax seed, pumpkin seeds are also a source
3. Eat more blueberries. They have antioxidants that are helpful for the brain.
4. Tomatoes. They protect against free radical damage
5. B6, B12 and folic acid prevent against brain shrinkage
6. Walnuts are the top nuts for brain health. Just a quarter cup of walnuts provide the daily intake for DHA
7. Avocados are healthy brain foods. It is a healthy fat and promotes good blood flow and is one of my favorite brain foods.
8. Dark chocolate has powerful antioxidant properties that protect brain and is a natural stimulant and is a top brain food.
9. Broccoli has significant amounts of vitamin K and that is going to be good for your memory and brain
10. Curry. Curry has turmeric in it and this spice is helpful to your brain and memory. If I could eat curry every day I would (and I guess I can!) and the reason I love it as one of my best brain foods is the taste. But the benefits for my memory and brain are real.
The 19 Best Brain Superfoods
This list from Livestrong shows you the best foods to be consuming. Many of these superfoods contain high concentrations of vitamins that are necessary for proper brain function. Fatty foods like eggs, salmon, and almonds contain healthy fats alongside those vitamins, helping your brain to better absorb the nutrients.
Another important part of brain health, antioxidants, help to keep your brain healthy and young throughout your life. That means foods like blueberries and dark chocolate can help stave off brain diseases like Alzheimer’s.
Other bonuses include healthy carbs like sweet potatoes that give your mental energy a boost, and protein which helps stimulate brain power.