Doing a Bone Broth Fast can improve your metabolism and immunity, support digestion and detoxification, help support joint health and flexibility, and improve your hair, skin, and nails.
This fast is great because you won’t feel hungry or lose muscle mass. You will love how your complexion glows too!
A Bone Broth Fast typically lasts 3 days, but you could do it for 1-10 days depending on your health needs. We’ve included a simple Chicken Bone Broth Recipe for you to try below.
You can prepare a batch easily in your crockpot or pressure cooker and it will freeze well too and can be kept for up to 3 months!
Bone Broth Benefits
- Treat leaky gut syndrome
- Overcome food intolerances and allergies
- Improve joint health
- Reduce cellulite
- Boost immune system
- Improve sleep and memory
video via Dr Axe
3 Day Bone Broth Fast Recipe Video
Dr. Axe has been recommending a Bone Broth Fast to patients for years and has found it’s the most beneficial type of fast that you can do.
He has some excellent tips and tricks that you won’t want to miss. To watch the video, click play above ^
Chicken Bone Broth Recipe
- 4 pounds chicken necks/feet/wings
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium onions, peel on, sliced in half lengthwise and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, peel on and smashed
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 3 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 5-6 sprigs parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 18-20 cups cold water
Bone Broth Benefits via Dr Kelly Ann
Chicken Bone Broth Instructions
- Place all ingredients in a 10 quart capacity crock-pot.
- Add in water.
- Simmer for 24-48 hours, skimming fat occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Discard solids and strain remainder in a bowl through a colander. Let stock cool to room temperature, cover and chill.
- Use within a week or freeze up to 3 months.
Bone Broth Infographic via Mind Body Green
You can make your Bone Broth even more easily and quickly by using an Instant Pot rather than a crockpot. It’s ready in a couple of hours! These pots are a type of Pressure Cooker and can be purchased here
Fem Fusion Fitness has an excellent Photo Tutorial that shows you how to make what they call, Liquid Gold, using Turmeric and we know you won’t believe how good you will feel. Another thing you might like to consider is an Elimination Diet.
This works on eliminating foods that may be unknowingly affecting your body in a negative way. We have a whole post dedicated to the topic, and we show you how to do one at home. Find out how here.