It seems harmless enough, a can or bottle of Coke. Everyone drinks it and how bad can it REALLY be? Well, you are about to find out the answers and they are far from pretty.
We have included an infographic and a video that will give you the shocking truth! If you are big on Coke or Diet Coke, it’s time for you to rethink your drink. In time you will be happy that you did!
The information contained in the Infographic above from The Renegade Pharmacist is a good place to start and is based on an article written by Wade Meredith that gives plenty of reasons why Coke should be on your ‘not to do’ list.
Let’s start with the 10 teaspoons of sugar that would ordinarily cause your body to vomit. The phosphoric acid “cuts the flavor”, helping you keep the liquid down. As if not enough, your pupils dilate and your blood pressure rises!
According to Mercola, Coke is a joke! Their infographic makes some great points. Your appetite is stimulated plus it can contribute to carb cravings, depression and emotional imbalances to name but a few.
You will also notice that Coke includes Aspartame as an ingredient. We have included a list of 92 symptoms to be aware of below.
The above list of 92 Symptoms associated with Aspartame consumption is a giant wake up. We found the info on Hubpages and author Karen Creftor has an excellent article.
So, let’s look at the 60 minute run down, blow by blow!
In the first 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don’t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor, allowing you to keep it down.
- 20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (And there’s plenty of that at this particular moment.)
- 40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate; your blood pressure rises; as a response, your liver dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked, preventing drowsiness.
- 45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production, stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.
- > 60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium, and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.
- > 60 minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium, and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolytes, and water.
- > 60 minutes: As the rave inside you dies down, you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You’ve also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like hydrating your system or building strong bones and teeth.
10 Things Coke Does To Your Body Video
We highly recommend that you view this video that explains 10 top reasons why you need to can the coke! If this won’t convince you, nothing will. Be sure to share with your Coke loving friends and if you can’t bear to give it up, remember that moderation is key! Click Play above to watch ^