Did you know that we all eat way too much? The biggest issue is actually the portion size. But how much is too much? Now you don’t have to worry about weighing or wondering.
We have compiled lots of infographics to show you exactly what you should be serving up. The answer is actually in your hands!
You can learn portion control sizes simply by using your fist, palm and even your thumbs as a guide. Another great idea is this portion control tool from amazon.
It is a brilliant idea that takes out the guesswork and within a short space of time you will be able to eyeball your portions.
Even if it’s the only change you ever make, you will lose weight. Drinking a glass of water before and after meals will also fill you up and make you less hungry.
Another trick is to leave time between courses. Quite often if you rest for 20 minutes, you will find the you will not need to order that dessert after all. Elle has put together an excellent infographic that outlines appropriate portion sizes. Here’s their recommendations.
- Protein (fish, chicken, beans): One deck of cards (3 oz)
- Eggs (white and yolk): One to two per serving
- Grains (rice, quinoa): The size of a tennis ball (1/2 cup)
- Oils: The size of a golf ball (2 tbsp)
- Nut butter: The size of the tip of thumb (1 tbsp)
- Nuts: One handful (1 oz)
- Fruit: The size of a fist (1/2 cup)
- Vegetables: As much as you want
How To Control Your Portions Video Tutorial
Do you have portion distortion? 100 calories extra per day might not seem much but over a year, it’s a whopping 10 pounds.
Portion sizes have trebled over the last twenty years. Everything has got bigger including plates, cups, and animals. We are exposed to super-sized versions. 61% of Americans are classified as overweight. Click play above to learn some clever tips and tricks ^
Alli has put together this excellent infographic that shows you the recommended dietary intake for the day. This is based on 1600 calories. Quite often it’s not what we eat but how much of it.
By reducing your servings, you will find yourself slimming up in no time. At this time, we should also mention that Dairy is something that should be taken in moderation.
The answer to perfect portion control is in your hands, literally. As you can see from the infographic above, you can use your palms, fists, thumbs, fingers and even your knuckles as a guide.
This is handy when you are confronted with smorgasbords and dip bowls.You don’t need to weigh and measure, you just need to let your fingers do the talking!
Over on the Get Healthy Blog, they call it ‘Portion Distortion’. This super handy cheat sheet shows you how to use your hands and fingers to check that you are not overdoing things.
If you start implementing these tips and tricks on a daily basis you will soon notice the difference. Need help to keep on top of your weight loss goals? This best-seller might be just what you are looking for. It comes with recipes, portion control guide and so much more. Read the details and click the link at the end of the post to get yours.
- ★ #1 SELLING PORTION CONTROL KIT ON AMAZON! 1500+ 5 STAR REVIEWS! HEALTHY PORTION CONTROL: This 7-piece system allows you to maintain better portion control for breakfast, lunch or dinner, making it perfect when you’re trying to lose weight or better manage diet and exercise.
- ★ PRE MEASURED CONTAINERS: Our Color Coded meal prep containers are BPA FREE, pre-measured based on the number of fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, proteins and carbs you need each day. Simply match your color to your food plan for ideal portion control sizes. similar to 21-day fix containers
- ★ COMPLETE PORTION CONTROL GUIDE + 21 DAY PLANNER & RECIPE eBOOK: Printable food list for each container making grocery shopping simple and quick. Detailed step by step instructions to measure daily caloric intake. Daily meal planner to organize your day for success. 50+ pages of delicious recipes
- ★ PREMIUM DURABILITY & EASY STORAGE: Our Efficient Nutrition meal sustainment containers are made of food-grade safe plastic that’s durable, stackable and easy to store. Ideal for work, travel or even a picnic, our kitchenware is perfect for people of all ages.
- ★ MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: We believe we have the very best portion control containers on the market for weight loss, which is why they come backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Get Your Portion Control Kit Here
So, now that you have a good understanding of what portion control is, let’s look at a typical day and how you should divide your plate up.
This infographic from The Berry is helpful and shows you what to eat, and importantly, when.
Snacks can really add up and this chart shows you what 100 calories look like. Again, you can see that it is all about the portion size. Always put your snack or meal onto a plate.
Don’t eat directly out of jars or boxes either. You have no control over the amount that you eat. Measuring is key to achieving your goals. This Spark Infographic demonstrates 100 calories.
This Portion Control Tool is brilliant. It will also help you reduce your servings and you can save so many calories a week with this one simple change.
Put your food on a smaller plate, it’s another clever idea that will trick your eyes and your belly! Get yours here.
Want More Ideas?
If you find it hard to lose weight and let’s face it the older we get, the harder it is, understanding your body shape is the key to your weight loss success. View our article here.