Did you know that we all eat way too much? The biggest issue is actually the portion size. But how much is too much? Now you don’t have to worry about weighing or wondering.
We have compiled lots of infographics to show you exactly what you should be serving up. The answer is actually in your hands!
You can learn portion sizes simply by using your fist, palm and even your thumbs as a guide. Another great idea is this portion control tool.
It is a brilliant idea and takes all the guess work out. It’s available on Amazon and is only a few dollars.
Even if it’s the only change you ever make, you will lose weight. Drinking a glass of water before meals will fill you and make you less hungry.
Elle has put together an excellent infographic that outlines appropriate portion sizes.
- Protein (fish, chicken, beans): One deck of cards (3 oz)
- Eggs (white and yolk): One to two per serving
- Grains (rice, quinoa): The size of a tennis ball (1/2 cup)
- Oils: The size of a golf ball (2 tbsp)
- Nut butter: The size of the tip of thumb (1 tbsp)
- Nuts: One handful (1 oz)
- Fruit: The size of a fist (1/2 cup)
- Vegetables: As much as you want
Portion Control Video Information
Do you have portion distortion? 100 calories extra per day might not seem much but over the course of a year, it’s a whopping 10 pounds.
Portion sizes have trebled over the last twenty years. Everything has got bigger including plates, cups and animals. We are exposed to super-sized versions. 61% of Americans are classified as overweight. Click play above to learn some clever tips and tricks ^
Alli has put together this excellent infographic that shows you the recommended dietary intake for the day. This is based on 1600 calories.
Quite often it’s not what we eat but how much of it and that is where if you can reduce the amounts by bearing in mind your portion control, you will find yourself slimming up in no time!
Learn the art of controlling your portions by using your hands as a guide. You don’t need to weigh and measure, you just need to let your fingers do the talking!
Over on the Get Healthy Blog they call it ‘Portion Distortion’. This super handy cheat sheet shows you how to use your hands and fingers to check that you are not over doing things.
If you start implementing these tips and tricks on a daily basis you will soon notice the difference.
Need help to keep on top of your weight loss goals? This best seller might be just what you are looking for. It comes with recipes, portion control guide and so much more. Read the details and click the link at the end of the post to get yours.
- ★ #1 SELLING PORTION CONTROL KIT ON AMAZON! 1500+ 5 STAR REVIEWS! HEALTHY PORTION CONTROL: This 7-piece system allows you to maintain better portion control for breakfast, lunch or dinner, making it perfect when you’re trying to lose weight or better manage diet and exercise.
- ★ PRE MEASURED CONTAINERS: Our Color Coded meal prep containers are BPA FREE, pre-measured based on the amount of fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, proteins and carbs you need each day. Simply match your color to your food plan for ideal portion control sizes. similar to 21 day fix containers
- ★ COMPLETE PORTION CONTROL GUIDE + 21 DAY PLANNER & RECIPE eBOOK: Printable food list for each container making grocery shopping simple and quick. Detailed step by step instructions to measure daily caloric intake. Daily meal planner to organize your day for success. 50+ pages of delicious recipes
- ★ PREMIUM DURABILITY & EASY STORAGE: Our Efficient Nutrition meal sustainment containers are made of food-grade safe plastic that’s durable, stackable and easy to store. Ideal for work, travel or even a picnic, our kitchenware is perfect for people of all ages.
- ★ MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: We believe we have the very best portion control containers on the market for weight loss, which is why they come backed by a 30-day money back guarantee.
- Get Your Portion Control Kit Here
So, now that you have a good understanding of what portion control is, let’s look at a typical day and how you should divide your plate up.
This infographic above from The Berry is helpful and shows you what to eat and importantly, when.
Snacks can really add up and this chart shows you what 100 calories looks like. Again you can see that it is all about the portion size. Always put your snack or meal onto a plate.
Don’t eat directly out of jars or boxes as you have no control over the amount that you eat. Measuring is key to achieving your goals. This article from Spark People shows you what 100 calories looks like.
This Portion Control Tool is brilliant. It will also help you reduce your servings and you can save so many calories a week with this one simple change.
Put your food on a smaller plate, it’s another clever trick that will trick your eyes and your belly! Get yours here
If you find it hard to lose weight and let’s face it the older we get, the harder it is, understanding your body shape is the key to your weight loss success. Check out our article here