We all know someone who has been on the end of a scam phone call. With so many different versions in circulation, we thought we would share the most common ones with you.
Some are old, some are new, but they are all in circulation. You need to be aware of the tricks, so you are not fooled.
10 Common Phone Scams You Need To Avoid
There is some excellent information in this youtube video that is from Brightside. It covers the latest 10 phone scams and frauds and you’ll be glad you got the heads up.
Once you view, continue scrolling for our top tips on how to avoid being a victim. Click Play above to watch now ^
There are a number of helpful tips that when adhered to will keep you safe and out of harm’s way. We are listing the suggestions from the Video Creators below.
What to do not to become a victim:
- Don’t answer the calls from unknown numbers.
- Never let strangers know your personal information. Credit card, Social Security numbers, checking account – all this should be kept to yourself.
- Don’t make the decision immediately – try to resist the pressure the criminals put on you.
- Demand the information in writing before you agree to pay for a product or service.
- Don’t send cash, be it by money transfer or overnight mail. In this case, the money will disappear, and you won’t be able to prove its existence.
If you follow these simple rules and stay alert, you will manage to side-step any curve balls. Be sure to check out our post on how to read body language here.