We were amazed to discover the many banana peel uses and benefits and you will be too. We’ve got 20 great ideas and there’s something for everyone.
Amazing Benefits Of Bananas
As you can see from the above Infographic, Banana’s have all sorts of superpowers including helping with PMS.
Bananas contain Vitamin B6 which regulates blood glucose levels and helps us in times of stress and assists with suppressing those awful monthly cranky moods! Banana’s are also rich in Iron and can assist with anemia.
10 Things To Do With Banana Peels
If you want to give up cigarettes or need some tricks to help others, Bananas can lessen the effects of nicotine withdrawal both physically and psychologically.
Bananas are also known for their happiness factor. They release a mood-regulating substance called Tryptophan which elevates our mood.
Amazing Uses For Bananas You Didn’t Know
1) Shoe Polish: Did you know banana peels (on the inside) make a great shoe polish? Just rub it around your shoe and then buff it with a white cloth.
2) Teeth Whitener: Rub the inside of your banana peel on your teeth to whiten them. Apparently, the manganese, magnesium, and potassium help whiten the enamel of your teeth.
3) Wart Cure: It only takes 1-2 weeks to remove a wart with a banana peel.
4) Itch Soother: Banana peels can help relieve bug bites and poison ivy. It won’t remove the oils that cause the itching but it’ll soothe the bite or rash altogether.
5) Fix a Scratched CD or DVD: If your favorite disc won’t play smoothly, fix it with a banana peel. Rub the back of the disc in a gentle circular motion with the inside of the peel.
Wipe off any residue with a soft cloth, then lightly spray the disc with glass cleaner and buff it until it looks clean. The wax in the peel will fill in scratches without harming the plastic finish, so the disc can play sans skips.
6) Silverware Polish: Blend banana peels with water and use on your silver to take the polish off with a soft cloth.
8) Splinter Removal: Banana peels help ease splinters out of your skin. Place the banana peel on a splinter with athletic tape for a while and then try to ease the splinter out.
9) Aphid Control: Aphids don’t like banana peels. If you bury some around your roses or other plants aphids love (like cauliflower), you’ll deter them from coming around.
10) Rose Food: You can feed your roses with banana peels that are rich in calcium and magnesium, as well as many other trace minerals that your flowers love.
11) Bruise Patrol: Banana peels on the inside, if rubbed on a bruise, will aid in making it disappear.
12) Compost: Banana peels break down pretty quickly and add wonderful nutrients to your soil. Throw them in your compost!
13) Acne: Banana peels rubbed on your acne will help in the acne curing process.
14) Dry Skin Cure: If you have psoriasis, try rubbing the inside of a banana peel on your affected areas twice a day and you’ll see the dry scaly skin dissipate.
15) Banana Boat Campfire Dessert: will please all who are sitting around the campfire.
16) Haemorrhoid Cure: Yup, you guessed it. As with acne, banana peels help cure hemorrhoids.
17) Banana Peel Message: Leave a message for your child on their banana peel by pricking out letters with a toothpick, the skin will bruise and there will be a dark brown message for your sweetie by lunchtime.
18) Tomato Plant Fertiliser: Wrap a banana peel around your tomato starts when you plant them in the garden and they’ll enjoy the nutrients from the peel as they grow throughout the summer.
19) Anti-Depressant: Researchers have found that drinking boiled banana peel water (or juicing the peel) can ease depression.
20) You don’t need Botox, you can, however, give your skin an instant lift with the amazing Dr. Oz Natural Banana Botox.