There is an endless fascination with Clay Pots, otherwise known as Terracotta Pots and with good reason. There are so many wonderful projects and Clay Pot saucers and pots are inexpensive.
They can be upcyled into so many fabulous things that you are spoilt for choice.
Chances are that you have a discarded pot sitting around in a corner of the garden. Now you can do something with it.
13 Incredibly Clever Ways To Use Clay Pots
Before we share the rest of the ideas that we have rounded up, we thought we would share this quick video from Nifty that shows you 13 fabulous ways that you can upcycle your clay pots. Click Play above to view now ^
Now you can do something with it like turn it into a cute pig. We love this version that we found on Pinterest and it’s a great project for the kids.
You will bring so much personality to your surroundings. Scroll our page and check out all the versions.
Clay Pot Frog via Pinterest
How To Make Clay Pot Frog
- Use flat brush to paint outside of all pots Lime Green. Let dry. Paint inside of large pot Bright Baby Pink and inside of all small pots Lime Green. Let dry.
- Use liner brush to paint the bottom inside of two of small pots Wicker White. Paint a black inner ring around opening of bottom of pot.
- Use handle end of liner brush dipped in white to create dot highlight for eye. Let dry.
- Glue pots with eyes to large pot. Glue two pots to back end of large pot for legs.
- Glue remaining pots to front rim of large pot for front legs.
- Use handle end of paintbrush to dot nose on rim in Licorice and dots on legs in Wicker White. Let dry.
How To Make Clay Pot Bumble Bee -:
- Paint 4″ rose pot medium yellow. Use pencil to mark 1″ stripes on pot; paint two stripes Licorice; let dry.
- Apply top coat of black Extreme Glitter to Licorice stripes.
- Paint a 3″ foam ball Licorice; glue to rim of pot for the head. Cut chenille stem pieces for antennae and mouth.
- Insert antennae in foam; glue antennae, eyes and mouth in place.
- Fill pot with flowers. Cut a rectangle of white foam; write message with black permanent marker; glue purple chenille stem to back.
- Insert into flowers.
How To Make Clay Pot Ladybug -:
- Paint 4″ pot Lipstick Red; add a top coat of red Extreme Glitter.
- Use pencil to mark 1″ dots; paint Licorice.
- Cut one 3″ and three 1½” foam balls in half; paint Licorice.
- Glue large half to pot front for head and small pieces to rim for feet.
- Cut chenille stem pieces for antennae and mouth.
- Insert antennae in foam; glue antennae, mouth and eyes in place – Source: Plaid Online
These Clay Pot Safari Animals from Joann will look wonderful hanging out at your home and they would work well indoors or out.
You can see that the items that have been used to make them are some felt, pipe cleaners and a styrofoam ball for the head.
This Clay Pot Elephant was found on Pinterest. Whilst there is no tutorial as such, you would need 7 mini clay pots, including 3 for the trunk and 4 for the feet. You would use a Large Clay Pot for the Body and a Medium Clay Pot for the head.
You could cut out some plywood or cardboard in the shape of butterfly wings and add some fur on top of the head. Metallic spray paint for the Elephant body and googly eyes would finish your project. You can paint on some eyelashes and toenails too.
Clay Pot Giraffe via Pinterest
Clay Pot Cows via Family Time Crafts
We found these Clay Pot Solar Lights on Semmy and what a great idea they are.
They would be lovely dotted throughout your garden beds. All you need to do is drill a hole in the base of the Clay Pots that is big enough to stabilize the stem of the Solar Light.
Clay Pot Dog Flower Pot via Pinterest
Clay Pot Dog via Pinterest
Claypot Dog via Pinterest
Clay Pot Dog Planter via Pinterest
Check out our popular Clay Pot Horses Post. It has directions to show you how to make your very own for your home. View here
Frog Clay Pot via Pinterest
Minion Clay Pots via Scontent
We have also created a post that shows you how to make Clay Pot People. You can find our post here
Claypot Zebra via They Call Me Jammi
Clay Pot Snail via Plaid Online
Find out how to make Clay Pot Turtles here