If you are on the hunt for a cute sewing project, we were thrilled to come across this gorgeous Elephant Pillow Quilting Pattern. The minute we laid eyes on them, we knew we had to share as we’re sure you have someone to make them for.
Say hello to Josefina and Jefferey. They are a couple of cuties that come to us from Ira Rott Designs.
This Elephant Pillow Quilting Pattern is for the Intermediate. The skills that you will need are as follows:
Basic sewing, clipping, and notching; transferring marks; free motion quilting or walking foot quilting; Freezer Paper applique is the preferred method but you can use any of your favorite applique techniques; hand sewing (ladder stitch).
The cushion size is 27” x 20” (includes ears, hair, and trunk).
Here’s the Materials that you need.
• Fabric for back & front – 1 1⁄2 yards of high quality 100% cotton woven fabric (ex: Northcott by Deborah Edwards).
• Fabric for bow (optional) – 1 Fat Quarter or 22” x 12” fabric scrap.
• Batting – 34” x 27” (2 pieces) & 12” x 10” (optional for bow)
• Stuffing – Approx 10 1⁄2 oz (300 g).
• Black & White Felt (for eyes) – wool blend or 100% wool craft felt. Polyester felt will work as well, just take extra caution as it’s not heat resistant. You can get the pattern here.