With their bright eyes, big smiles and cuddly little bodies, these cheeky cats are entirely irresistible.
They are knitted in ‘clutch’ size, suitable for a toddler to carry around by the tail. One thing’s for sure and that is you want to make the entire family.
How To Make Knitted Cats
We love the stripes and the cute face and paws! The four cats are knitted from the same basic pattern, with variations for the different types of cat.
The tabby and ginger cats, for example, are made with three shades of colored yarn with alternating stripes. The slightly larger black-and-white cat is knitted with fluffy mohair yarn. Now you need to decide is which feline you make first!
The size of your cat will depend on the weight of yarn, the size of the needles and your tension. If you choose double-knit yarn, you will end up with a toy approximately 9 inches or 23cm in length.
A two-tone cat (black-and-white and the grey moggy) will take 50g of yarn in each contrasting colors.
The striped cats will take about 50g of white, and then 30g each in three different colors, using the pictures as a guide.
Fun Cat Facts You Might Not Know -:
- Cats are one of, if not the most, popular pet in the world.
- There are over 500 million domestic cats in the world.
- Cats and humans have been associated for nearly 10000 years.
- Cats conserve energy by sleeping for an average of 13 to14 hours a day.
- Cats have flexible bodies and teeth adapted for hunting small animals such as mice and rats.
- A group of cats is called a clowder, a male cat is called a tom, a female cat is called a molly or queen while young cats are called kittens.
- Domestic cats usually weigh around 4 kilograms (8 lb 13 oz) to 5 kilograms (11 lb 0 oz).
- The heaviest domestic cat on record is 21.297 kilograms (46 lb 15.2 oz).
- Cats can be lethal hunters and very sneaky, when they walk their back paws step almost exactly in the same place as the front paws did beforehand, this keeps noise to a minimum and limits visible tracks.
- Cats have powerful night vision, allowing them to see at light levels six times lower than what a human needs in order to see.
- Cats also have excellent hearing and a powerful sense of smell.
- Older cats can at times act aggressively towards kittens.
- Domestic cats love to play, this is especially true with kittens who love to chase toys and play fight. Play fighting among kittens may be a way for them to practice and learn skills for hunting and fighting.
- On average cats live for around 12 to 15 years.
- Cats spend a large amount of time licking their coats to keep them clean.
- Feral cats are often seen as pests and threats to native animals – source
The above Pattern information is from the Ravelry Website.Free Pattern Download here
If you’re a cat lover, you have to make yourself these super cute Kitty Ankle Socks! Get the free pattern here
While you’re here why not whip yourself up a Knitted Cat Scarf! It’s been very popular with Cat lovers and you can find your free pattern here