The first time we laid eyes on this Knitted Sheep Pillow Pattern, we put it down as Crochet! It so closely resembled the Bobble Stitch Crochet Sheep on our site.
When you view, you will understand our mistake! We are continually being asked for more Knitting Projects and the issue is that it seems there are a lot less to choose from than Crochet.
There’s a reason we were excited for our Knitters when we discovered that this cute pillow was in actual fact knitted!
Knitted Sheep Pillow Pattern
Here’s the main details from the Pattern Creator, Purl Soho.
- Main Yarn: 4 skeins of Purl Soho’s Super Soft Merino, 100% merino wool, in the color Heirloom White (above), Toasted Charcoal (below, left) or Soft Black (below, right).
- Contrast Yarn: 1 skein of Blue Sky’s Sport Weight Alpaca, 100% baby alpaca, in the color 509 Dark Gray.
Need Yarn for your project? Get the best prices on all your requirements in the Bargain Yarn Bin —> here
- US 11, 16 or 24-inch circular needles
- Set of US 11 double pointed needles
- Set of US 3 double pointed needles
- 1 bag of Fairfield’s Poly-fil Stuffing
- Scrap yarn (bulky weight) and crochet hook to match (for provisional cast on)
Sheep Pillow Gauge
12 stitches = 4 inches in garter stitch with Main Yarn on larger needle
28 stitches = 4 inches in stockinette with Contrast Yarn on smaller needle
Sheep Pillow Size
19 inches wide (from chest to rear) x 14 inches tall (from top of back to bottom of belly)
You can find the full pattern and all the details that matter on the Purl Soho Site —> get details here