If you are a new Mom or know someone who is, learning how to swaddle a baby should be high on your list of priorities.
Today we are sharing some helpful information that we sure you will find helpful. We also have a video tutorial that steps you through this popular technique.
What Is Swaddling?
Here’s how The Baby Centre defines Swaddling:
“Swaddling is the art of snugly wrapping a baby in a blanket for warmth and security.
It can keep your baby from being disturbed by her own startle reflex, and it can help her stay warm and toasty for the first few days of life until her internal thermostat kicks in.
It may even help to calm your baby.”
How to Swaddle A Baby Correctly Infographic
- To swaddle, spread the blanket out flat, with one corner folded down.
- Lay the baby face-up on the blanket, with her head above the folded corner.
- Straighten her left arm, and wrap the left corner of the blanket over her body and tuck it between her right arm and the right side of her body.
- Then tuck the right arm down, and fold the right corner of the blanket over her body and under her left side.
- Fold or twist the bottom of the blanket loosely and tuck it under one side of the baby.
- Make sure her hips can move and that the blanket is not too tight. “You want to be able to get at least two or three fingers between the baby’s chest and the swaddle,” says Dr Moon.
How To Swaddle Video Tutorial
We have included a one-minute video tutorial that shows you how to correctly swaddle. Click Play above to watch ^
If you are looking for an inexpensive Swaddle, we found this version on Amazon. It has been very popular.