There is little that compares to the soothing smell of Lavender and now you can capture this wild fragrance in your Soap …
Who can ever walk past a Lavender bush without grabbing some buds, crushing them between your fingers and holding them up to your nose! The smell is nature at its finest.
If you feel the same, you’ll be thrilled to discover that you can now make your very own Lavender Soap with this homemade recipe.
Our post includes a video tutorial to step you through the process plus we have included how to make Lavender Wands and some fun facts about Lavender that you may not know. Scroll our page all the way to the end so you don’t miss an idea.
10 Facts About Lavender You May Not Know
- 1. Queen Marie Antoinette of France is said to have decorated the royal palaces with lavender for its scent.
- 2. Lavender has the following properties: antibacterial, antidepressant, analgesic, antiseptic, cicatrizant, expectorant, nervice, and vulnerary
- 3. The lavender bud is covered in tiny hairs — that is what contains the essential oils
- 4. It takes 2-3 weeks to dry a bunch of lavender
- 5. It derives from “lavare” in Latin which means ‘to wash’
- 6. The Ancient Egyptians used lavender in the embalming process
- 7. The scent of lavender deters mice, flies, mosquitoes and other pests from the area
- 8. Back in the Elizabethan times, when baths weren’t common practice, lavender was used to perfume clothes and bed linen
- 9. In French classrooms teachers used to crush up lavender to calm disruptive and nervous students
- 10. Fresh or dried lavender is an excellent ingredient to cook and bake with — pork spice rubs, lavender custard, and lavender cookies just to name a few!
This ‘How to make Soap’ Infographic from ‘Fix’ is brilliant. Be sure to Pin for future reference.
How To Make Lavender Soap Video
We have found you a video tutorial that steps you through the process and shows you just how easy it is to make your own Lavender Honey Lemon Soap. Wrap in Cellophane and give as a beautiful homemade gift. Click ‘Play’ above to view video ^
Sarah Johnson is a very talented Blogger and she did a great job of her Lavender Honey Lemon Soap and the photo is just beautiful. You can almost smell the deliciousness!
We love the way the Lavender Soap has been presented below – simple and gorgeous!
This Rosemary Lavender Soap is another easy recipe that you will love and you can wrap in a piece of brown butcher paper with string and lavender. How pretty!
Lavender Soap Recipe
3 cups glycerin soap base 1/4 cup infusion of lavender flowers and rosemary leaves* 1 1/2 teaspoon, lavender oil 1/2 teaspoon rosemary oil 1 teaspoon pulverized dried rosemary
Stress Reliever Lavender Bath Salt Recipe
There is nothing better than a bath and this recipe from ‘Bathed By Nature’ will relax you instantly.
- 2 cups Epsom Salt
- 1 cup Sea Salt
- 15 drops Lavender Essential Oil
Thanks to Ms Giggles for this awesome Lavender Sugar Scrub. Why not whip some up and pair it with your Lavender Soap. What a brilliant gift idea!
How cute are these Lavender Wands and they would look super cute attached to your soaps. They are also very easy to make and would be beautiful sitting atop fresh towels in your bathroom. However you choose to use them, you only need some freshly cut lavender and ribbon to recreate this look. We found this adorable idea on the ‘Colorful Crafts’ Site.
We love these Honey Lavender Bath Melts and as the Blogger says they are relaxing, moisturizing and you simply pop them in your bathtub and let them work their magic. We found them on the ‘Happy Money Saver’ Site.On the ‘Lovely Greens Site’ Tanya has made this Lavender and Rosemary Scrubby Soap. You can find the full recipe here