Mushrooms are meat for vegetarians and they have many medicinal purposes. Today we will show you how to grow mushrooms at home with a youtube video.
We have also included other ideas like growing Oyster Mushrooms in Coffee Grounds and even using a Laundry Basket. The best part is you can grow them all year round, indoors or outdoors.
Mushrooms For Food And Medicine
Before we share the growing techniques with you, we thought we would share this excellent infographic from Survivopedia. It shows you all the different varieties of Mushrooms and the many benefits they contain.
Known for their cancer-fighting and anti-fungal and bacterial properties, mushrooms are also said to lower blood pressure. There’s plenty of reasons to include them in your daily diet.
How To Grow Mushrooms In 5 Steps
The above Infographic from Fixx shows you the 5 steps to growing mushrooms.
1. Choose a container that is suitable to grow your mushrooms. A laundry basket or trash can will work well. Be sure to sterilize it with bleach and water.
2. Remove stems from store-bought mushrooms and place the caps, gills down on wax paper. Wait 24 hours for gills to release spores.
3. Assemble your Mushroom growing medium and add to the container. 3 Parts Peat Moss, Potting Soil, and Sterile Compost.
4. Add mushroom spores that you have collected. Cover the top of the container with clear cling wrap to allow for additional airflow.
5. Keep Soil moist and between 60-80 degrees Fahrenheit. Harvest mushrooms in 10-15 days.
How To Grow Mushrooms At Home Youtube Video
Mushrooms can be grown indoors or out and they grow from spores, not seeds. You might also be interested to know that they are not a vegetable. They are from the fungal kingdom.
If you are ready to enjoy an endless supply of Mushrooms, you will be keen to watch this youtube video tutorial. It will explain the process so that you can recreate it at home. Click Play above now ^
Growing Oyster Mushrooms In Coffee Grounds
via A Piece Of Rainbow
Over on A Piece of Rainbow Ananda grows her Oyster Mushrooms in used Coffee Grounds, A plastic bottle, and some cardboard.
This is another easy and ingenious method and one you will love to experiment with.
Coffee Ground Mushrooms Video
Ananda has created a video that shows you how quickly her mushrooms grew in only 4 days.
This 35-second video shows you her results and you will be amazed. Click Play above to watch now ^
Laundry Basket Mushrooms
Want More Great Ideas?
Learn how you can save money and enjoy endless supplies of your favorite veggies.