Feeling like a delicious slice of chocolate cake, but don’t want to fuss with a 10-ingredient shopping list? We’ve got you covered.
This little slice of heaven uses just 2 simple ingredients that are probably already hanging out in your Pantry.
Meet Ochikeron, The Creator
The creator behind this 2-Ingredient Chocolate Cake Recipe is Ochikeron, who specializes in sharing wonderful Japanese cuisine.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 3 eggs
- 3 bars of chocolate (165g/5.8oz total)
2-Ingredient Chocolate Cake Recipe Video
This cake just takes a few minutes to assemble and then pop in the oven. We highly recommend that you take a few minutes to watch Ochikeron in action, in her kitchen.
You will see her special technique for whipping up the eggs and your cake will be perfect. Click play above to watch now ^
2-Ingredient Chocolate Cake Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 170C/338F)
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Place the whites in a bowl and put it into the fridge while you do the next few steps. This important step makes a better meringue later.
- Break up the chocolate into smaller pieces and place in a large bowl. Melt it over hot water in a double boiler. Cool the chocolate down and then add the egg yolks to the chocolate.
- Take the egg whites out of the fridge and whisk them until strong peaks form. It should be thick enough so that you can turn the bowl upside down without the whites falling out.
- Add just 1/3 cup of the meringue egg whites into the chocolate mixture. Blend well with a whisk, then slowly add the rest of the meringue, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Line a 6-inch round cake pan with parchment paper, then pour the batter in. When all batter is inside the pan, lightly lift the pan and drop it to the counter to get out any air bubbles.
- Bake cake for 30-40 minutes.
- When done, cool the cake in the pan until it’s cool enough to touch. Then place on a wire rack for remaining cooling time.