Who remembers the delicious and crumbly Walkers Shortbread? As a kid, it was always in Mom’s Pantry and Nana’s too.
It was given to family and friends in the holiday season and it never saw the day out! We just couldn’t get enough!
There really is no substitute for that rich buttery treat! Imagine our excitement when we found a Copycat Walkers Shortbread Recipe for this old family favorite.
We were thrilled and we know you will be too. This is our absolute favorite shortbread! Eugenie’s Kitchen is the creator behind the recipe and she suggests dipping the ends in melted chocolate. It’s a special touch you’ll love and great for homemade gifts.
The cookies literally melt in your mouth and you will not be disappointed with this recipe. It has the trademark crumbly texture will bring back the best of memories.
As you can see from the photos above from Eugenie’s Kitchen, it’s a match and she also says that you don’t need to use a Mixer. She has created a video tutorial that steps you through the process and she shows us how to use our hands to create the shortbread.
3 Ingredient Shortbread Video
As promised, we are including the easy to follow video tutorial from Eugenie’s Kitchen and we highly recommend that you watch. You are guaranteed to pick up some handy tips and tricks. Click Play above to watch now ^
- 1 1/2 cups (185g) plain flour
- 1/3 cup (90g) white sugar
- 185g butter
3 Ingredient Walkers Shortbread Recipe -:
Prep time 15 mins › Cooking time 15 mins › Ready in 30 mins
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Blend all ingredients well. The dough will be stiff.
- Press into a 23cmx23cm buttered cake pan. Prick top with a fork. Mark into 24 squares.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until pale golden brown on the edges. Whilst still warm cut into squares.
- Full Details on Eugenie’s Kitchen