Have you heard about the amazing 3 Ingredient Japanese Souffle Cheesecake Recipe that originated from talented Youtuber Ochikeron? The Internet has been buzzing about it!
In fact, this recipe has gone viral around the world and we can see why! Whilst the recipe may initially appear easy, there are a few key tricks and tips you will need to follow in order to achieve a perfect result.
We assure you that this recipe will become a favorite. It’s a light custard cake using eggs, cream cheese, and chocolate.
Ochikeron suggests cutting your parchment paper higher than your baking tin. She says that the Cheesecake rises quite high in the baking process. It will, however, finish at a more normal height.
Japanese Souffle Cheesecake Recipe Ingredients
- 3 ex-large eggs, cold
- 125 grams white chocolate
- 125 grams cream cheese, softened
3 Ingredient Japanese Souffle Cheesecake Video
We are including Ochikeron’s video tutorial that has had over 10 million views for the and as mentioned previously, she has several very good tips that you won’t want to miss.
In order to achieve the best result possible, we highly recommend that you view. To see her in action, click Play above ^
How To Make 3 Ingredient Japanese Soufflé Cheesecake Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 170C (338F). Separate the eggs and place the whites in a large bowl. Let your egg whites sit in the refrigerator to keep them cold until you are ready to use them (which makes the meringue more stable).
2. Place the chocolate (broken into pieces) in a large bowl. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over hot water (60C/140F). Then add the cream cheese and melt them together. Remove the bowl from the double boiler, add the egg yolks, and mix well.
3. In a large bowl, whip egg whites with an electric mixer until firm peaks form. *If it’s thick enough, you can turn the bowl upside down without it sliding out.
4. Add 1/3 Meringue into the cream cheese batter and blend well with a spatula. Then add the rest of the Meringue 1/2 at a time and mix well.
5. Rub some oil/butter on parchment paper (in this way, the cake can slide down when it shrinks so you can prevent the cake from cracking). Line the round cake pan with the parchment paper. Pour the batter into the pan and drop the pan lightly on the counter to raise the air bubbles out of the batter.
6. Place the cake pan on a baking sheet. Pour some hot water into the baking sheet. Bake at 170C (338F) for 15 minutes, 160C (320F) for 15 minutes, then stop the heat and bake with the remaining heat for 15 minutes.
7. When it is done, place the cake pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
You can either serve immediately or chill in the fridge before serving! It will slightly get hard in the fridge, so leave at room temperature for a few minutes before you serve.
You can brush the cake with some apricot jam syrup and/or dust with powdered sugar (confectioner’s sugar) to finish. You can serve it with whipped cream if desired.
Meet Ochikeron, The Creator
The creator behind this 3-Ingredient Cheesecake is Ochikeron, who specializes in sharing wonderful Japanese cuisine.