Inspired by the delectable Raffaello Chocolate Truffles, Ella from Home Cooking Adventure created this heavenly Almond Coconut Cake.
All dressed up in coconut and truffles, it’s sure to be a showstopper finish to any meal and it’s moist and delicious. This will be a new favorite.
Coconut Almond Cake Ingredients
Almond Sponge Cake Ingredients
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 1 cup (100g) ground almonds
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5g) almond extract
White Chocolate Coconut Frosting
- 7 oz (200g) white chocolate
- 3 tbsp (45g) canned coconut milk
- 9 oz (250g) Mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups (500g) whipping cream, 35%fat, chilled
- 1/4 cup (30g) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (40g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp (5g) coconut extract
Assembling And Decorating Ingredients
- 1 cup (240g) canned coconut milk
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- Chopped almonds, optional
- Raffaello truffles, optional
- White chocolate curls, optional
Almond Coconut Cake Video Tutorial
You’ll love making and decorating this cake almost as much as eating it! This truly is heaven on a plate.
Ella is here to walk us through all the steps and you’ll see how easy it really is. To watch, click Play above ^
Almond Coconut Cake Instructions
- Preheat oven to 340F (170C). Grease and line bottom and sides of a 9 inch (23 cm) pan with parchment paper.
Prepare Almond Sponge Cake
- Separate egg whites from yolks. Add a pinch of salt over the whites and start mixing until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
- In a small bowl mix egg yolks with almond extract and fold them into the whipped whites.
- Slowly add ground almonds and flour and carefully incorporate into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until lightly golden.
- Let it cool for about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely on a rack.
Assembling And Decorating The Cake
The final steps to making this wonderful Cake are to prepare the frosting and to assemble and decorate the cake. Ella has used white chocolate curls, shredded coconut, almonds and Rafaello’s for this.
You can find the full and final instructions on her site, together with a Printable Download of the Recipe.