This post contains affiliate links. Our disclosure policy.
There is nothing quite like the smell of an apple dessert cooking in the oven, and this apple shortcake slice recipe is the perfect treat! Made with fresh apples or a can of apple pie filling, it’s superb.
This recipe from Wendy’s Kitchen Table is simple and tastes great. This Slice is perfect with ice cream and will be much requested.
Apple Shortcake Slice Video Tutorial
Whilst Wendy does not have a video tutorial yet for her Apple Shortcake Slice, we have found one that is similar. We have listed their recipe too and you can select what you prefer. Click Play above to watch now ^
Apple Pie Shortcake Ingredients:
- 8 large granny smith apples (sliced)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of cloves
- 1/3 cups of sugar
- 125g (4.4 oz) butter
- 125g (4.4 oz) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 Tbs cornflour
- 1 Tbs custard powder
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- Icing sugar to dust.
Bake at 180C (350F) for 20 mins or until golden brown. Continue scrolling to check out Wendy’s Recipe too. Again, they are both similar and you can make the decision as to which you use.
Easy Apple Shortcake Slice Ingredients
- 125g (4.4 oz)butter
- ¾ cup icing sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour.
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 4 apples, peeled and sliced or 1 big can apple pie filling
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- Knob of butter
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Easy Apple Shortcake Slice Instructions
- Preheat oven to 170˚C or 150˚C fan-forced.
- Spray and line a slice pan.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg, flour, and vanilla and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions. Press one-half into the pan. Poke holes in the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes until very lightly golden. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Cook apples in an uncovered saucepan with the knob of butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Top cake with apples.
- Press another half of cake dough on top. Poke holes in the top. Bake for 30 minutes until pale and golden.
More Wendy Recipes To Try
If you’d like to see more great ideas from Wendy’s Kitchen Table you can visit her Facebook page or see more of her recipes below!