We go mad when Wendy’s Table is in the house and that’s because she shares the best recipes. Today we are featuring another all-time favorite and we know you will love it!
This Apple and Sour Cream Slice from scratch is legendary and you won’t want to miss it. It’s a taste sensation and will win hearts and kitchen kudos every single time.
Apple Sour Cream Slice Video
At this time, Wendy does not have a video tutorial for her version which is a couple of steps more than this video from Cooking with Karma where they use cake mix as a base.
We felt that this was a great alternative for those that would like to shortcut the recipe and the results are according to the Vlogger, delicious. Click Play above to watch the video ^
Video Recipe Instructions
1 packet cake mix (she used a butter cake mix) 1 tin of sliced apples, 1 cup of coconut, 125g butter (1/2 cup), 300g (2 cups) of sour cream, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar (optional), nutmeg to top.
Bake base for 10-12 mins, then for another 30-35 mins with the apple on top. You want it to be slightly browned and the sour cream to be set. Continue scrolling for Wendy’s from scratch version.
Apple And Sour Cream Slice Ingredients
So, let’s look at what you are going to need. The first ingredients are for the base and the second are for the topping.
- 1 cup self raising flour
- ½ cup caster sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 125g (1 cup) melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 400g can apple pieces or freshly stewed apple
- 300g sour cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
Apple And Sour Cream Slice Instructions
- Preheat oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan-forced.
- Grease and line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Combine the melted butter and vanilla essence in a bowl and add to dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Press the mixture evenly over base of tin. Cook for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool slightly.
- Spread apple evenly over base.
- In a small bowl mix sour cream, egg yolks, icing sugar and ground cinnamon. Spread evenly over apple and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Cook for further 20 minutes, or until sour cream has set. Cool in pan. Cut into squares to serve.
- Want more Wendy? Check out all her recipes here