There’s nothing better than entertaining with friends and our contributors Foodiful have recipes galore for brunches and lunches. In fact, they have a collection for every occasion.
Today they are sharing with us their very popular Spinach Cob Dip Sour Cream Recipe and if you are yet to try it, be warned, it’s addictive! This is a must make and so easy!
Bacon & Spinach Cob Dip Ingredients:
- 1 large regular white cob bread loaf or multigrain sourdough cob loaf (450g)
- cucumbers, cut into matchsticks, to serve
- raw carrot, cut into matchsticks, to serve
- 150g (5oz) short-cut bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 1 large bunch English spinach (350g, 12oz ), trimmed, washed, finely chopped
- 3 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g (8.8oz) block cream cheese, chopped, at room temperature
- 200g (7oz) Greek feta, crumbled
- 300ml (10 oz) tub sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh dill
Bacon & Spinach Cob Dip Instructions
1. Using a serrated knife, cut the top quarter off cob loaf to form a lid. Pull away the soft bread from inside the loaf, leaving a 2cm-thick shell. Tear bread and lid into large pieces. Place loaf, lid and bread pieces on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
2. Cook in a moderate oven (180C, 380F) for 10 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Remove.
3. To make the dip, heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon. Stir for about 5 minutes, or until lightly golden. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
4. Return pan to heat. Add spinach, onions, and garlic. Stir for about 1 minute, or until spinach is wilted. Drain off excess liquid. Transfer to a large bowl. Add bacon. Cool.
5. Process both cheeses, cream and juice in a food processor until smooth. Stir into spinach mixture with dill.
6. Just before serving, spoon mixture into loaf. Serve with torn bread and vegetable dippers.
As mentioned earlier, Foodiful is one of our favorite recipe sites. We thank them for sharing this recipe and if you have enjoyed it, please join their free newsletter and follow them on Facebook too.