There’s nothing better than entertaining with friends and today Foodiful is here to share their famous Bacon and Spinach Cob Loaf Recipe and it’s a keeper!
This is a wonderful idea and is great for family gatherings, pot lucks, as an appetizer, or party food. Serve it up with crisp and colorful sliced veggies and it will be the talk of your table! Be warned though, it’s addictive!
Bacon And Spinach Cob Dip Ingredients:
- 1 large regular white cob bread loaf or multigrain sourdough cob loaf (450g)
- cucumbers, cut into matchsticks, to serve
- raw carrot, cut into matchsticks, to serve
- 150g (5oz) short-cut bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 1 large bunch English spinach (350g, 12oz ), trimmed, washed, finely chopped
- 3 green spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g (8.8oz) block cream cheese, chopped, at room temperature
- 200g (7oz) Greek feta, crumbled
- 300ml (10 oz) tub sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh dill
Bacon And Spinach Cob Loaf Dip Instructions
Using a serrated knife, cut the top quarter off the cob loaf to form a lid. Pull away the soft bread from inside the loaf, leaving a 2cm-thick shell.
Tear bread and lid into large pieces. Place loaf, lid, and bread pieces on an oven tray lined with baking paper.
Cook in a moderate oven (180C, 380F) for 10 minutes, or until golden and crisp. Remove.
To make the dip, heat an oiled, large, non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add bacon. Stir for about 5 minutes, or until lightly golden. Drain on absorbent kitchen paper.
Return pan to heat. Add spinach, onions, and garlic. Stir for about 1 minute, or until spinach is wilted. Drain off excess liquid. Transfer to a large bowl. Add bacon. Cool.
Process both cheeses, cream, and juice in a food processor until smooth. Stir into spinach mixture with dill.
Just before serving, spoon mixture into the cob loaf. Serve with torn bread and vegetable dippers.
As mentioned earlier, Foodiful is one of our favorite recipe sites. We thank them for sharing this recipe with us and if you have enjoyed it, please follow them on Facebook.