WHOot Contributor, Ella from Home Cooking Adventures is here to share another of her fabulously popular recipes. This Baked Honey Garlic Sesame Chicken is it and a bit and then some!
According to Ella, the sweet and sour sauce is done in a matter of minutes and the flavor is amazing. The toasted sesame seeds combined with the sauce complement superbly. She suggests serving over rice. She says that it’s on your table within the hour.
Honey Garlic Sesame Chicken Ingredients
Makes about 3-4 servings
- 4 boneless, chicken breast halves (about 500g)
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- canola oil for drizzling
- Sesame Sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup light soy sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp chili paste or chili jam
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- garnish with 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Baked Honey Garlic Sesame Chicken Video
Ella has created a video tutorial that shows you how to recreate her Baked Honey Garlic Sesame Chicken at home.
We highly recommend that you view the video so that you can achieve the very best result. We have included the ingredients and recipe details below. Click Play above to view ^
Honey Garlic Sesame Chicken Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the breadcrumbs into a flat bowl and set aside.
2. Cut the chicken breasts in 1 inch pieces and season with salt and pepper. Coat each piece in breadcrumbs and place into the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with a little oil and bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through.
3. Prepare the sauce: In a sauce pan over medium heat add the sesame oil, garlic, ginger, chili jam and stir for a few seconds. Add the water (chicken stock), soy sauce, honey, vinegar and brown sugar. Stir until it comes to a boil.
4. Whisk together the cornstarch and 2 tbsp of water and once the mixture is boiling add the cornstarch mixture, stirring until it thickens. Keep it on very low heat until the chicken is cooked.
5. Pour the sauce over chicken and top with sesame seeds. Serve immediately alongside rice.