This Banana Bread in a Jar is a clever twist on an old family favorite and it’s a great idea for a gift too! The bread will keep moist and fresh for longer in the jars so make a big batch.
You can also freeze them for several months. We have included some tips on cooking with Mason Jars that we encourage you to read and be sure that you don’t place jars into a dry oven.
Here’s an example of Mason Jar Banana Bread from Bakerette who suggests that you use cooking spray to grease your Mason Jars. This will ensure the bread won’t stick. She has a great recipe on her site.
How To Use Mason Jars For Baking
- Sterilize Jars in boiling hot water. This will combat bacteria. Pay special attention to rims and lids. Leave to dry thoroughly.
- Oil and Flour the inside of the Mason Jars.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare your batter as you normally would
- When filling your Mason Jars with batter, do so until they are around 2/3 full.
- Mason Jars are meant to be used in hot water baths and cannot be used in a dry oven without a water bath. A Pressure Canner is another way they can be cooked.
- Mason Jars will require 25-30 minutes cooking time and quart-sized Mason Jars will require 60 minutes, depending on what you are cooking.
- It is important to seal mason jars after baking. For bread and cupcakes, you can immediately seal. For cheesecakes, allow to sit uncovered and cool prior to sealing.
- Chef Mom suggests that you can leave your cakes, cupcakes and breads at room temp for a few days. Mason Jars are wonderful for presenting delicious treats as gifts and you can add ribbons and a recipe card to complete your look.
Banana Bread In A Jar Video Tutorial
Youtube Video via All Recipes
We have included this video tutorial from AllRecipes that shows you how to make Banana Bread in a Jar. There are lots of handy tips and tricks that you won’t want to miss.
We encourage you to watch so you achieve the best results possible. Click play above ^
How To Make Banana Bread In A Jar -:
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Yields: 1 dozen half-pint jars – All Recipes Video Recipe Instructions
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease insides of 8 (1 pint) straight sided, wide mouth canning jars.
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, bananas, and water. Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon, and cloves. Add to banana mixture. Stir in nuts.
- Pour mixture into greased WIDE MOUTH pint jars, filling 1/2 full of batter. Do NOT put lids on jars for baking. Be careful to keep the rims clean, wiping off any batter that gets on the rims.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 45 minutes.
- Get full printable instructions on Allrecipes Here
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread In A Jar
The Baker Chick has taken her Banana Bread In A Jar to a whole new level and has a Chocolate Chip version.
We thought you would be keen to try her delicious recipe too.