As good as Lemon Pie, but a lot less work, this delicious recipe for the Barefoot Contessa Lemon Bars is heavenly. A shortbread crust is topped with a tangy citrus filling and sprinkled with powdered sugar for a picture-perfect look. They are totally scrumptious!
If you are on the hunt for the step by step youtube video tutorial, you came to the right place. There’s a reason this recipe has been so popular, just like Ina’s Lemon Yogurt Cake that you all loved!
Foolproof – Ina Garten’s Cookbook
As the title suggests, these are recipes that you simply cannot mess up. Her Cookbook makes a great gift too.
Barefoot Contessa Lemon Bars Video
via The Barefoot Contessa
The Barefoot Contessa is very popular and with good reason. Maybe you have seen her show on Food Network?
Ina says that these Meyer Lemon Bars are the perfect portable dessert. We know that they will knock the socks off those that try them! We highly recommend that you watch the youtube video so that you can achieve the perfect result. To see Ina in action, click play above now ^
Meyer Lemon Bars Recipe Ingredients
- 1/2 lb unsalted butter, warmed to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 6 extra-large eggs
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp grated lemon zest
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- Confectioner’s sugar, for dusting
Meyer Lemon Bars Recipe Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. To make the crust: Cream butter and sugar together until lightly whipped using the paddle attachment of your electric mixer. Add the flour and salt.
3. Turn the mixer down to low and put in the butter and mix lightly until dough forms. Put dough down on a floured surface and gather it into a ball.
Press the ball of dough into your 9 by 13-inch baking sheet, covering bottom entirely and making a 1/2 inch edge around sides. Chill.
4. Bake your crust in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until lightly browned. Leave the crust in the pan, and place on a wire rack to cool while you make the filling. Leave your oven on.
5. Now you’ll make the filling. Whisk together eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour. Pour filling over cooled crust and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until it is set. Cool to room temperature.
6. Cut your lemon bars up, sprinkle with some confectioner’s sugar and enjoy.