We love finding unique ideas for Christmas and one of our favorites is, without doubt, the Berry Pavlova Wreath. It’s such a unique dessert, there is just so much to love about it.
You can get creative and make this recipe in mini versions. Just purchase some meringue nests and load them high with yummy whipped cream and berries.
We were thrilled when Steve from Steve’s Kitchen fame, offered to share his own recipe with us. He has even created a brilliant video to step you through. He is particularly proud of his creation and you will be too once you whip your own up!
Christmas Berry Wreath Pavlova
6 Egg Whites
340g /12oz of Castor Sugar
1 teaspoon of Corn Starch / Corn Flour
1 teaspoon of White Vinegar
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
Berry Wreath Pavlova Video Tutorial
Steve from Steve’s Kitchen has teamed up with us to bring you a fabulous and informative video tutorial. He steps you through the process and you are going to love how easy it is to make your own Christmas Berry Wreath Pavlova.
Christmas Berry Wreath Pavlova -:
- Separate the egg whites and place in a clean bowl.
- Whisk until light soft peaks.
- Pour in half the sugar and whisk again until it becomes silky.
- Add the Cornstarch, vinegar, vanilla and the rest of the sugar and whisk until firm peaks form.
- You should be able to hold the bowl upside down without the egg whites falling out of the bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 120C / 250F
- Spoon the Meringue mixture onto baking tray lined with baking paper. You want to form a wreath shape with the mixture.
- Place the tray into the oven and cook for 1 1/2 -2 hours until it had risen and gone a light sandy color.
- When the Pavlova is cooked turn off the oven and leave it in the oven to cool down.
- Once it has cooled completely slide the Pavlova onto a serving plate.
- When you are ready to serve the Pavlova, whip up some cream and put a nice thick layer on the meringue.Decorate with lots of fresh fruits and you are ready to go.
Christmas Berry Wreath Pavlova With Raspberry Coulis -:
Stephanie from My Square Frying Pan is responsible for this amazing creation. It is simply spectacular and the colors are nothing short of breathtaking. It’s extremely festive and will be the perfect addition to your holiday table. Here are some tips she shared on her site regarding making her Pav.
- Make sure egg whites are at room temperature – not straight from the fridge – it makes it hard to whip to right consistency
- Add ingredients to meringue in small amounts and consistently as per recipe
- Do not open oven while pavlova is baking
- Do not take pavlova physically out of oven until cool
Stephanie says that even if you have a mini-disaster, the beauty of Pavlova is you can cover it up with lashings of fresh cream and your guests will be none the wiser! Get her full recipe here
How To Make Raspberry Coulis -:
You can make a delicious Coulis for your Pavlova. You can make it using Raspberries or Strawberries if you choose. You can use this over chocolate, ice cream and of course your Christmas Berry Wreath Pavlova. Steve from Steve’s Kitchen has prepared a video that shows you how to make your own. Click Play above ^
You will need -:
12 oz / 340g of frozen Raspberries
1/4 of a Cup of powdered/icing sugar
Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
Here is another wonderful version of the Christmas Berry Wreath Pavlova. Razel is a food lover from Australia and her creation is nothing short of stunning. She has full recipe details and tutorial on her site. You can find the details here