It’s the perfect Ribeye Steak On Grill Recipe with a bonus Ribs Rub Marinade. It’s the best pairing yet! Watch the video now …
WHOot Contributor John Decaux knows a thing or two about making the perfect steak, mainly because he is a master of the grill!
Having shared such amazing recipes with us on the grill and using a sous vide machine, it’s plain to see that he knows his stuff! This Reverse Ribeye Steak Recipe is absolutely to die for!
John’s method will give you the juiciest, tenderest steak you’ve tasted with those perfect grill marks!
John also has an amazing recipe for a sauce to pair with your ribs! First, take a look at the video that he is sharing with us and you will find the full instructions below!
Reverse Ribeye Steak on Grill Video Tutorial
We have included a video tutorial from John that will show you the perfect technique. Click Play above to view ^
What others are reading
Please keep scrolling
Ribeye Steak Recipe John Decaux via Imgur
Reverse Ribeye Steak Recipe Instructions
1) To start off, you want to setup your sous vide machine. I’m going to be using Anova’s precision cooker, you can use any of the sous vide machines on the market.
Fill a large pot or container ¾ full of water and place your sous machine into the water
I’m going to be cooking a 2 pound or 1 kg ribeye.
This means you want to cook it at a temp of 129f or 54c for one hour.
Set it to go and it will begin to heat the water.When reverse searing a steak, it needs to be a least an inch thick, thicker the better.
2) When reverse searing a steak, it needs to be a least an inch thick, thicker the better.
Season with coarse salt and pepper, make sure to press the seasoning into meat.
3) Place the steak in a large zip-lock bag. Followed by a sprig of rosemary and thyme, plus a clove of garlic cut in half. For a smaller steak only use half a clove.
I know there’s a huge debate about using garlic but at the end of the day it’s your choice.
Finally a knob of butter.
Turn over the steak and repeat on the other side.The flavor of the garlic, rosemary, thyme, and butter will infuse into the meat as it sous vides.
4) Once the water is up to the correct temp, you will be notified via the app.
Take the steak and push out as much air as you can.
Lower the zip lock bag into the water, this will help push out all of the air.
Lower the bag into the water till only the top of the bag is sticking out, Seal up the bag.
Clip the steak to the side of the pot.
5) Start the timer and let the meat cook through for an hour. The app clearly shows the time and current temp.
While the steak is cooking in the sous vide machine, light a chimney of charcoal.
The Anova will notify you when an hour has passed.
Take the steak out of the water bath.
6) Remove the steak from the zip lock bag and place on a plate lined with paper towel.
Setup your kettle BBQ for direct grilling, you it as hot as possible.
7) Sear the steak on both sides, at the very most you only want to sear the steak for 3 to 4 minutes both sides because this step isn’t about cooking the steak but forming a nice crispy crust.
Once both sides of the steaks are seared, do the same to the edges.
Remove from the heat and rest it for 5 to 10 minutes.
All that’s left to do is slice into it.
8) By slowly bringing the steak to temperature and finishing it off with a hot sear over some Charcoal you can’t mess it up! Using this technique you get a steak cooked perfectly from edge to edge. Now, for the amazing Memphis Ribs Rub Recipe, see this post
Want more John? Check out his Homemade Bacon Recipe here