Today, however, we are sharing with you a tried and true recipe from our Contributor Courtney Budzyn.
She is more than just a pretty face in the kitchen. She assures us that this is the best stuffed peppers recipe ever. She’s tried many and they always seem to lack flavor and are a bland.
She says that the secret is in the seasoning that she adds to the beef. It makes all the difference and packs a flavor punch!
Best Stuffed Peppers Video Tutorial
Are you ready to join Courtney in the kitchen? We highly recommend viewing her easy to follow video tutorial.
She has excellent tips and tricks including the secret to her beef seasoning. Click Play above to view ^
Best Stuffed Peppers Ingredients
- 5 Large Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Cup Long Grain Rice, Cooked
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce (Separated)
- 1 Large Onion, Diced
- 1 Cup Zucchini
- ¾ Cup Red Pepper, Chopped from tops of Peppers
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, Diced
- 5 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/3 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese to Top
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Best Stuffed Peppers Recipe Instructions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare peppers by cutting off the tops, and removing the inner flesh and seeds. Be sure to remove all the white fleshy parts as they give off a bitter taste. Reserve some of the tops and dice to add into the filling.
- Place peppers into boiling salted water and cook for 3-4 minutes. Cook just until they are slightly tender. Remove to a plate and allow to cool.
- Prepare rice as instructed on the back of your rice packaging. Use chicken stock instead of water for added flavor. Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, add ground beef, season with salt and pepper, and cook until brown breaking the meat up using a flat head spatula. Drain the excess fat. Add all seasonings and ½ of the tomato sauce. Stir and continue to cook just to warm through. Remove from the pan and side aside.
- In the same pan add onion, zucchini, and diced red pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened. About 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook just until the mushroom wilts down.
- Finally add the remaining tomato sauce, ground beef, cooked rice, and cheddar cheese. Stir until completely combined.
- Fill each pepper with the filling, packing it in using the back of a spoon.
- Place peppers in a baking dish, cover with foil, and place into a 375 degree F oven for about 40 minutes. Remove the foil after the first 15 minutes. At the last 5 minutes, remove and top peppers with mozzarella cheese. Set to broil for the last 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted and bubbly. Enjoy!
See more of our favorite Stuffed Peppers Recipes here