Deliciously moist and oh-so-simple to make, this Boiled Fruit Loaf Recipe is a classic that we know you’re going to love.
This Boiled Fruit Loaf Recipe from Wendy’s Kitchen Table is a real treasure! That’s because it’s straight from the old recipe book belonging to Wendy’s own mom. Now she’s sharing it with all of us!
Boiling the dried fruits really brings out the sweetness in this bread. It’s easy to make any time of the year. It will become a new favorite.
Boiled Fruit Loaf Recipe Ingredients
- 450g sultanas or mixed fruit
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 60 grams butter
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
Boiled Fruit Loaf Recipe Instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan-forced. Line a loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a large saucepan boil sultanas, sugar, salt, water and butter for 5 minutes. Remove from the element and leave to cool.
- Then add sifted flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices and mix until well combined.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool on a rack.
Want more Wendy? Check out all her recipes here