Ella from Home Cooking Adventure loves a bread challenge and she sure is proud of these Homemade Bread Cones.
They can be filled with whatever you like and we’re sure that you have a few ideas of how what you plant to pop in them. The great news is, no fancy equipment is needed.
Homemade Bread Cones Video Tutorial
Ella is here to show us how to make the bread dough for these cones. She will guide you step by step through the recipe.
Don’t worry if you’ve never made bread before, this is super simple when you know how. To watch Ella, click Play above ^
Homemade Bread Cones Ingredients
Bread Cones Dough
- 4 cups (500g) bread flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 25 g fresh yeast (2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast)
- 1/4 cup (50 ml) water, warm
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup (170 ml) milk, warm
- 4 tbsp (60g) butter
Bread Cones Topping
- 1 egg, beaten
- sesame and flax seeds
- 16 A4 or Letter size papers
- 8 Aluminum foil sheets
Homemade Bread Cones Instructions
- In a large bowl, mix flour with sugar and salt. Dissolve the fresh yeast in the warm water and add to the flour mixture.
- Add eggs and milk and mix everything together. Add the butter and knead until the dough is smooth and soft.
- Cover with a clean dish towel and let it rise for about 1 hour in a warm area, until doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, you can prepare the cones. Take 2 sheets of paper and make a cone and cover with aluminum foil, so that paper is not visible anymore. Repeat to make 8 cones.
- Punch dough down and on a floured surface divide into 8 equal parts. Let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll each piece of dough into an about 30 inch (80 cm) rope.
- Roll the dough ropes around the aluminum cones. Place onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and let them rest for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, you can preheat the oven to 400 F (200C).
- Brush the cones with beaten egg and sprinkle sesame and flax seeds on top.
- Bake for about 16-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Let them cool on wire racks and fill them with your favorite filling. Enjoy!