Wendy of Wendy’s Kitchen Table never fails to give us a great recipe, and we know you’ll love this one!
Made with a delicious classic ginger nut cookie, these Butternut Snap Cheesecakes are a delight and the good news is you can substitute any favorite cookie for this recipe.
You can top them with a sweet berry or a delicious piece of chocolate for a yummy treat. They look so pretty on the plate.
Be warned though, you better double your batch as they are a guaranteed crowd pleaser!
Butternut Snap Cheesecakes Ingredients
- 250g (8.8oz) packet Arnott’s Butter Snap Biscuits
- 250g (8.8pz) cream cheese softened
- 1 cup lemon curd (store-bought or home-made) See recipe below
- 1 ½ teaspoon Edible Gelatine powder
- ¼ cup hot water
- Punnet blueberries or seasonal berries
Butternut Snap Cheesecakes Instructions
Heat each biscuit for 40 seconds or until soft in the microwave. Press into a mini muffin pan or patty tin to make a case.
Leave to cool.
Using a cake mixer or electric beaters beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the lemon curd and beat until smooth and combined.
Dissolve gelatine powder in hot water and add to cream cheese mixture, beat until combined.
Fill the cases with the mixture. Place seasonal berries on top. Refrigerate overnight or until set.
Dust with icing sugar just before serving.
Lemon Curd Recipe
- 2 eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 80g (3oz) butter
- zest and juice of 2 lemons
Lemon Curd Instructions
- Whisk whole eggs, yolks, and sugar in a saucepan until smooth, then place over a low heat. Add the butter, juice, and zest and stir continuously until thickened. Pour into a sterilized jar. Some people like to strain the curd through a sieve into the jar but I like all the zest and pith in my curd.
- Lemon curd lasts 2-3 weeks covered in the fridge.
Makes 1 ½ cups.
Want more Wendy? Check out all her recipes here