Cauliflower Health Benefits
via Dr. Josh Axe
Before we share the recipe with you, we thought we would share this infographic from Dr. Axe. It shows the benefits of incorporating Cauliflower into our daily diet.
There are plenty of reasons to add it to your grocery list. It apparently reduces the risk of cancer, inflammation, detoxes and aids digestion, helps to balance hormones, aids in weight loss, and even preserves your eyesight.
Cauliflower Pizza Base Ingredients
- 1 large head cauliflower, steamed
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- kosher salt
- 1/4 cup marinara or pizza sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- Torn fresh basil, for serving
- Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
How To Make Cauliflower Crust Pizza Video
We have included this video tutorial from Delish that shows you how to recreate this yummy pizza base at home. You only need to allow 15 minutes for your prep time and it’s on the table in about 45 minutes.
This Cauliflower Pizza Base will serve 4 and of course, once you learn how to make it, you can experiment with your favorite toppings. Click Play above to watch now ^
Cauliflower Pizza Base Recipe Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a food processor, pulse steamed cauliflower until grated. Drain water in paper towels.
2. Transfer cauliflower dough to a large bowl with the egg, 1 cup mozzarella, and 1/4 cup Parmesan and season with salt.
3. Transfer dough to a baking sheet lined with cooking spray and pat into a crust. Bake until golden and dried out, 20 minutes.
4. Top crust with marinara, remaining mozzarella and Parm, garlic, and tomatoes and bake until cheese is melted and crust is crisp, 10 minutes more.
5. Garnish with basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze.