These days we are all looking for ways to make our favorite treats more healthy. Well, today we are showing you how you can enjoy guilt free pizza that is gluten free and low carb.
You will love the taste and you will save all those empty calories. There is also no carb crash after you eat the meal. Just about every recipe on the planet can be adapted to this lifestyle.
Before we share the recipe with you, we thought we would share this infographic from Dr Axe that shows us the benefits of incorporating Cauliflower into our daily diet.
As you can see there are plenty of reasons to add it to your grocery list. It reduces Cancer risk, inflammation, detoxes and aids digestion, helps to balance hormones, aids in weight loss and even preserves your eyesight.
Cauliflower Pizza Base Video
We have included this video tutorial from Delish that shows you how to recreate this yummy pizza base at home. You only need to allow around 15 minutes for your prep time and it’s ready and on the table all up in about 45 minutes.
This Cauliflower Pizza Base will serve 4 and of course once you learn how to make it, you can experiment with your favorite toppings. Click Play above to watch now ^
Cauliflower Pizza Base Ingredients
- 1 large head cauliflower, steamed
- 1 large egg
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan
- kosher salt
- 1/4 c. marinara or pizza sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c. grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- Torn fresh basil, for serving
- Balsamic glaze, for drizzling
Cauliflower Pizza Base Recipe Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a food processor, pulse steamed cauliflower until grated. Drain water in paper towels.
2. Transfer cauliflower dough to a large bowl with egg, 1 cup mozzarella, and 1/4 cup Parmesan and season with salt.
3. Transfer dough to a baking sheet lined with cooking spray and pat into a crust. Bake until golden and dried out, 20 minutes.
4. Top crust with marinara, remaining mozzarella and Parm, garlic, and tomatoes and bake until cheese is melted and crust is crisp, 10 minutes more.
5. Garnish with basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze.