This post contains affiliate links. Our disclosure policy.
We love sharing easy and delicious recipes with you and this Cheats Vanilla Slice Recipe is going to put a smile firmly on your dial!
Wendy’s Kitchen Table has done it again. This recipe is incredible and you are not going to be disappointed, we promise!
It tastes every bit as good as it looks and everyone you know will want the details. Be sure to watch Wendy’s video too.
Cheats Vanilla Slice Recipe Ingredients
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 300ml milk
- 600ml thickened cream
- 2 x 100g packets vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 ¼ cups icing sugar
- 25g butter, softened
- 3 passionfruit
Cheats Vanilla Slice Recipe Video
Learn how to make this super popular and very easy Cheats Vanilla Slice Recipe. One of our favorite foodies, Wendy from Wendy’s Kitchen Table is back to share her tips and tricks with us.
Click Play above now to watch her work her magic ^
Cheats Vanilla Slice Instructions
- Bake pastry sheets at 180˚C for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Keep an eye on them.
- Remove from oven and press with a large tray to flatten. Allow to cool.
- Combine milk and cream in a bowl, then add pudding mixture.
- Beat with an electric beater until thick and smooth.
- Spread filling evenly over cooled pastry sheet. Press second pastry sheet on top. Then ice.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Place all ingredients in a bowl and beat until well combined and smooth. Spread over pastry top
Wendy’s Hot Kitchen Tip
If left overnight the pastry softens and gets tough. This recipe is best made and used on the same day. The mixture thickens fast so place on pastry as soon as it is mixed.
Want more Wendy? Her recipes are loved worldwide on the net. They are good old-fashioned favorites. We recommend -:
Wendy is a valuable contributor to our site so please show your support by subscribing to her youtube channel here