They say that if green is a color in your food, it’s good for you! Well, Popeye certainly benefitted from his Spinach and it’s hardly surprising that everyone is mad for these easy and delicious Spinach Balls.
They are the perfect appetizer and are so quick and easy to make. Did we mention delicious? Just be sure that you remember to double your recipe as they fly off the plate!
They really do tick all the boxes being quick, easy and healthy. They are a great recipe to have on standby and a popular savory treat!
You can prepare ahead and freeze them uncooked or cooked. So, what do you need to make your own Spinach Balls?
You are going to need some seasoned stuffing crumbs and the good news is that frozen spinach is perfectly acceptable for this recipe. In truth according to many, you will not taste the difference! Of course, you can use fresh, it all comes down to personal taste. Be sure though that it is well-drained.
Paper Towel is good to have on hand as is an onion, eggs, melted butter and Parmesan. You can also make them in an Air Fryer.
How To Make Spinach Balls Video Tutorial
We have included a short video from the Sarah of ‘Average Betty’ – she has her own Youtube Channel and the recipe is from her Aunt Kathy who got it from her Aunt Lil .. That’s why she calls her Spinach Balls ‘Lil Balls’ – to view video click Play above ^
Spinach Balls Ingredients
- 2 (10 oz.) packages frozen spinach, thawed & well-drained
- 2 small onions, very finely chopped or blitz in food processor
- 2 1/4 c. stuffing with herbs
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c. butter, melted
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
Spinach Balls Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl combine all your ingredients and shape into walnut-sized balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until heated through and browned
- Top Tip – Aluminium foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Another hugely popular way to serve your Spinach Balls is like the ones below. These are Fried Spinach and Artichoke Balls and they are another party favorite.