Here’s an easy recipe and you only need 15 minutes prep time! There’s plenty to love about this Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole …
When we think of comfort food, Chicken Cordon Bleu must surely make the list. This Casserole version is so easy to put together and will make you look like a rock star in the kitchen.
It’s perfect for those busy nights when you want a filling meal to satisfy the hunger pangs .. it’s literally fail proof!
This Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole is made with layers of Chicken, Ham, Cheese and a super simple sauce.
This recipe comes with a happy ever after guarantee! You can then top it off with a generous sprinkle of bread crumbs which gives it that crunchy top that just adds the perfect touch!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole Video
We have found an easy video that shows you how to make this delicious dish. It’s the ultimate comfort food and Laura Vitale from ‘Laura In The Kitchen’ steps you through the process.
Laura uses Panko Breadcrumbs for her crunchy top. She says it is the secret ingredient. Click Play above ^
For the casserole:
- 1 whole cooked chicken, bones removed, meat diced or shredded (rotisserie chicken is excellent, should have 5-6 cups)
- 1/2 pound very thinly sliced deli-style honey ham, rough chopped
- 1/4 pound thin sliced baby Swiss cheese
For the sauce:
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
For the topping:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crushed dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
You bake uncovered for 45 minutes so with your 15 minutes prep time, this delicious dinner can be on the table in an hour. You can find the full details on the Creator’s Site here