Our regular and much loved WHOot Contributor, Steve from Steve’s Kitchen is in the house to share a recipe request. We asked him to whip up a trending recipe that we spied on Facebook.
It’s a sweet and salty treat that is made using a base of Salada Biscuits which are a Saltine Biscuit. It is layered with chocolate, toffee, and hazelnuts and is absolutely to die for!
In fact, Steve said he’s finding it hard to pace himself since he made it. To say it’s addictive is putting it mildly.
Christmas Toffee Crack Recipe Ingredients
- 1 cup of Butter
- 1cup of Soft Brown Sugar
- Some Salada or Saltine Crackers
- 8oz / 250g of your favorite Chocolate
- 1 cup of Hazelnuts or any Nuts
- Some Sea Salt
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
Christmas Toffee Crack Recipe Video
Steve is in the house to show us how to make this Christmas Toffee Crack Recipe and you won’t want to miss him. Show him some love and click Play above to watch him whip up this delicious treat ^
How to make Chocolate Crack Toffee Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3-4 minutes
Bake Time: 15 minutes
Oven Temperature: 175C/350F
Christmas Crack Toffee Instructions
- Place the butter and sugar in a saucepan and allow to melt. Bring to the boil and then allow to simmer for about 3 minutes.
Pop the Saladas or Saltines into a baking Tray lined with Baking paper.
Once the butter and sugar has simmered for 3 minutes turn off the heat and add the vanilla and salt. Mix through and immediately pour over the Salada Crackers. Ease the toffee over the crackers until they are completely covered. Now place into a preheated oven for 13-15 minutes. Do keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t burn.
At the same time on a separate tray place the hazelnuts into the oven to roast.
- After 13-15 minutes remove the trays from the oven and place the broken chocolate pieces on top of the toffee and leave a few minutes to melt. Use a crank-handled spatula to spread the melted chocolate so it covers the crackers completely.
Sprinkle with a little sea salt and then chop the hazelnuts and sprinkle over the chocolate.
- Allow to cool completely before breaking into pieces and enjoy