Whilst there are plenty of recipes out there, the good ones that are quick and simple are harder to find than you might realize.
We were thrilled when we tripped across this delish dish in our travels and you will be too! Broccoli seems to be one of the rockstar ingredients that has everyone raving!
Broccoli has an impressive list of attributes including high anti-oxidant benefits, high fiber content, it can reduce cholesterol and it’s very good for your eyes and heart. It has even been regularly linked to having cancer-fighting properties.
With all the great things going for it, you may want to think about how you cook it. Live Science had the following to say -:
“The way that you prepare broccoli can affect the amount of nutrients your body receives and which ones. People looking to broccoli for its anticancer benefits need to be sure not overcook”
A 2007 University of Warwick study found that boiling broccoli can undermine the effects of the food’s good, cancer-fighting enzymes. Researchers studied the effects of boiling, steaming, microwave cooking and stir-fry cooking on fresh broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and green cabbage”
Boiling led to the biggest losses of cancer-fighting nutrients. Steaming for up to 20 minutes, microwaving for up to three minutes and stir-frying for up to five minutes produced no significant loss of cancer-preventive substances. Raw broccoli maintains all of its nutrients, but it is also more likely to irritate your bowels and cause gas.
How To Make Creamy Broccoli Bacon Bake
Now that you’re across all the reasons you should be eating Broccoli, here’s an easy recipe to get you started! This Creamy Broccoli Bacon Bake takes minutes to prepare, then you bake it in the oven for around 20 minutes. Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Broccoli, Cream Cheese and Smoky Bacon are a perfect flavor combination and be prepared .. this delicious meal will be much requested.
- 6 cups Broccoli Florets, small
- 2 Carrots, sliced
- 8 oz 1 Tub Cream Cheese Spread
- 2 tablespoons Milk
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Green Onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup Shredded Triple Cheddar Cheese with a TOUCH OF Cream Cheese
- 4 Slices Bacon, cooked and chopped
Heat oven to 425°F (220 c)
- Start by adding your broccoli and carrots to a saucepan of boiling water. You want them crisp and tender, not overcooked. Two to Three minutes is the optimal time.
- Drain off and hold back about a quarter of your water. Next you will mix in your 3 ingredients until fully blended.
- Now it’s time to return your veggies to the saucepan. At this point you add your onions and your cream cheese mixture. You want to ensure that your veggies have a nice even coating so be sure to keep stirring until this is the case. You can use some of your left over water to get the right consistency if required.
- Use a 2 quart casserole dish and spoon your mixture in. Be sure that you have used some cooking spray so that you don’t end up with a sticky mess.
- Simply top your casserole with shredded cheese and bacon and then it’s in to the oven
- Recommended cooking time is 25 minutes or there abouts. You want to heat covered until the final 5 minutes. Be sure to stir and check that it has heated all the way through.