This Double Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe packs a flavor punch. It’s also incredibly moist and delicious.
Even if you’ve never tried your hand at banana bread before, our WHOot Contributor, Ella will guide you through the steps and ensure you achieve the perfect result.
Double Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe Video
via Home Cooking Adventure
Preparing this bread is quick and easy, and you’ll love the results! It’s the powdered cocoa and choc chips that’s the secret.
Ella says to be sure to use very ripe bananas for the best result. You can also freeze this bread to save it for later on. We highly recommend that you view the video to ensure the best possible results. Click Play above ^
Double Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp (6g) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (3g) salt
- 3/4 cup (150g) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (113g) butter, room temperature
- 3 or 4 ripe bananas (about 1 1/4 cup (300g) puree
- 4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate chips/chunks
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- chocolate chips/chunks for garnish
Double Chocolate Banana Bread Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Lightly grease a 9 X 5 inch – 23 X 13 cm loaf pan. Line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Using another medium bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork.
- With a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until creamy. Add in the eggs and mix well. Add vanilla extract and mix in the mashed bananas.
- With mixer on low speed incorporate the flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips/chunks.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips/chunks on top. Bake for about 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then cool completely onto a cooling rack.