Learn how to make your own 10 Minute Puff Pastry. It’s super easy and uses 4 simple ingredients that are already in your pantry …
Puff Pastry doesn’t have to be complicated! It’s easy to make your own in just 10 minutes once you know the secrets.
This recipe will become a favorite ‘go to’ and is perfect for both sweet or savory recipes. Once you learn how to make your own Puff Pastry, you will want to try the popular and delicious Spinach Cups
10 Tips For Perfect Puff Pastry
We have included an excellent infographic above that outlines 10 really good tips when it comes to turning out the best quality Puff Pastry. As you can see, it’s important to have the right oven temperature for your Puff Pastry to rise and you can add a nice shine to a pastry or pie lid by brushing with egg.
These are just a couple of the recommendations. Be sure that you Pin this sheet for future reference.
Try the Cheats Vanilla Slice Recipe that uses Puff Pastry —> get recipe here
Before we get into the recipe, we just had to share this fabulous short video that shows you 4 quick ways to make the most delicious treats. You will certainly love learning these new baking skills that include Diamond, Pinwheel, Flower and Braid. You will find yourself throwing a party just so you can make them!
Puff Pastry Four Ways Video
You will be so excited to see these clever baking tricks and they will make you look like a Rockstar in the kitchen. Just don’t tell them how easy they are! Click Play above ⇑ to view video and continue scrolling for Puff Pastry recipe.
Whats Needed to make 10 Minute Puff Pastry
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 250g strong plain flour
- 250g butter at room temperature, but not soft
- about 150ml cold water
How To Make 10 Minute Puff Pastry
- Sift the flour and salt into a large bowl. Roughly break the butter in small chunks, add them to the bowl and rub them in loosely. You need to see bits of butter.
- Make a well in the bowl and pour in about two-thirds of the cold water, mixing until you have a firm rough dough adding extra water if needed. Cover with cling film and leave to rest for 20 mins in the fridge.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured board, knead gently and form into a smooth rectangle. Roll the dough in one direction only, until 3 times the width, about 20 x 50cm. Keep edges straight and even. Don’t overwork the butter streaks; you should have a marbled effect.
- Fold the top third down to the centre, then the bottom third up and over that. Give the dough a quarter turn (to the left or right) and roll out again to three times the length. Fold as before, cover with cling film and chill for at least 20 mins before rolling to use
- Source – BBC Food
We have also included this Crazy Dough Recipe that is according to the Blogsphere the ‘one dough to rule them all’ – it’s been popular with our community so definitely check it out.
Be sure to try this delicious recipe — Puff Pastry Spinach Cups