To say we were excited when we came across this recipe for the healthiest bread in the world is an understatement. Dr. Eric Berg and wife Karen are behind the recipe and it has gone viral.
Chia Seed Fact Sheet
via Raw For Beauty
Healthiest Bread In World Recipe Video
via Dr. Eric Berg, youtube.
Are you ready to learn the secret to making the healthiest bread in the world? Dr. Eric Berg is in the kitchen with his wife Karen and they are whipping up a storm.
They have some great tips for making this bread that you won’t want to miss. Click Play above to view ^
Healthiest Bread In World Ingredients
- 2 teaspoons instant dry yeast
- 1 ½ tablespoon finely ground chia seed
- 2 tablespoons. organic psyllium husk powder
- 1 ¼ cup of warm filtered water (105-110 degrees)
- 2 teaspoons Maple Syrup (This is consumed by yeast, which lowers the GI)
Healthiest Bread In World Instructions
via Dr. Eric Berg
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot flour, coconut flour, and sea salt.
2. Heat water to 105-110 °F. Add 2 tsp of Maple Syrup and stir. Add the yeast and let stand for 10 minutes. The yeast should bubble or foam – if it doesn’t, start over.
3. Stir the finely ground chia and psyllium powder into the yeast mixture. Let stand 1 minute to thicken, then whisk.
4. Pour thickened yeast-chia mixture into the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until thick and fully combined. The dough will be slightly sticky, but workable. Knead for 1 minute.
5. Put the kneaded dough back into the bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and place in a warm spot to rise for one hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 425 °F. Place a pizza stone (or cooking sheet) in the oven to preheat.
7. Divide dough into two balls. Place dough balls on a square of parchment paper or a cutting board.
Dip your hands in water and roll it into nice rounded shapes. Brush with egg wash, if desired. Use a serrated knife to cut a tic-tac-toe pattern on the top.
8. Slide the prepared dough onto the preheated stone or cooking sheet. Bake 35-40 minutes.
Please Note – baking time can vary – the measure of doneness is an internal temp of 205-210 °F.
9. Let cool completely on a wire rack. (Not allowing the loaf to fully cool before cutting may result in a gummy interior.)
When completely cool, slice and serve or store in an airtight container. To re-crisp the crust, toast or reheat in a 375 °F oven for 5-10 minutes.
Dr. Eric Berg Book And Bio
Dr. Eric Berg is a Chiropractor and has a wellness center. His page is filled with plenty of success stories from those that have lost tens of kilos and rave about his recipes.
The other thing we love about Dr. Eric Berg is that he has created a very well-received book about losing weight for your body shape. This is something we know first-hand works.