Nothing beats homemade and today you will learn the secret to making the most delicious Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Recipe.
The feedback has been excellent with millions of people hitting their kitchen. The result will be fresh, yummy, and better than store-bought Cinnamon Buns that you will be thrilled to share.
Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Recipe Video
via home cooking adventure
The video and recipe that we are sharing with you today come from Ella of Home Cooking Adventure. It’s a quick and easy to follow video that runs for a little over one minute and we highly recommend that you watch.
You will find the details of the recipe below. Click Play above ^
Cinnamon Rolls Dough Ingredients
makes 12 big rolls
- 3 1/2 cups (440g) flour + extra for dusting
- 25 g fresh yeast (2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast)
- 1 cup (240 ml) lukewarm milk
- 2 tbsp+1 tsp (30g +5g) sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp (56g) oil or melted butter
Cinnamon Rolls Filling Ingredients
- 5 tbsp (70g) butter, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp (13g) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup (120g) powdered sugar
- 1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) milk
How To Make Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
1. Prepare the dough. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar over the yeast and 1/3 cup of the milk. Stir to dissolve.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, 2 tbsp sugar, and salt. Add oil or melted butter, dissolved yeast, eggs and the rest of 2/3 cup milk. Stir to combine and knead until the dough is soft, a bit sticky but quite elastic and pulls away from the side of the bowl. If it feels too soft, you can add extra flour up to 1/2 cup (63g). Let it rest for 10 minutes.
3. In a small bowl combine butter with cinnamon and sugar.
4. On an oiled or floured surface roll the dough in a 12×18 inch (30x45cm) rectangle. Spread butter-cinnamon mixture over the top of the rectangle. Roll the dough, seal the seam with water and cut into 12 equal size rolls. Place on a parchment paper lined (9×13 inch – 23x33cm) tray with 1/2 -1 inch (2 cm) distance between them to allow them to rise.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and let the rolls rise in a warm place for about one hour, until doubled in size. (if the tray is not too tall you might need to grease the plastic wrap so it doesn’t stick).
6. Preheat oven to 350F (180 C).
7. Bake the rolls for about 15-20 minutes until lightly browned.
8. Prepare the glaze. Mix powdered sugar with vanilla and milk and before serving drizzle over the rolls.
9. Serve warm alongside a cup of milk.
The Printable Recipe is available from Ella’s Site here.
While you’re here, why not order yourself a personalized apron? What a fun idea and it makes a cute gift for family and friends too. It’s another Etsy Best Seller. View them here.
Want More Ella
Ella is a valuable contributor to our site. She has shared lots of popular recipes with us.
Want more? See how to make your own Crescent Rolls here