You are going to love this easy and delicious Kitchener Buns Recipe and they are a sweet treat that’s impossible to beat ..
Is there anything better than a cream bun? Well, if you’re a fan, you are going to fall head over heels for the classic Kitchener Bun that is a true South Aussie favorite that is loved by everyone!
Now, you can make your own at home. This easy and delicious recipe is said to be better than the Bakery if that’s even possible!
Kitchener Buns Recipe Ingredients
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- salt, to taste
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 1/4 cups warm milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- vegetable oil, enough to deep fry
- caster sugar, to dust
- seedless raspberry jam, or similar
- whipped cream
How To Make Kitchener Buns Recipe
This recipe tastes just like the real thing and you are going to love the results. You need to allow around 30 minutes for the buns to rise. In total it will take you about 15 minutes to make and then 2o minutes to cook.
There are 10 ingredients in total and 270 calories.
- Begin by sifting your flour, sugar, and salt. Add your yeast to your 1 and 1/4 cups milk.
- Now you will need to rub your butter into your flour and add your milk and yeast mixture.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, and salt. Put the yeast into the milk.
- Rub the butter into the flour then add the milk and yeast mixture.
- Now knead until nice and smooth. Divide your mixture equally into buns. Let your buns rise for 30 minutes.
- Heat up your oil to 180 degrees Celcius. Pop your caster sugar in a shallow dish.
- Now it’s time to deep fry your buns. They will require gentle turning. You want them to be a golden brown on every side. This usually takes around 3 minutes and you want to be sure that they are cooked all the way through to the center.
- Remove from the oil, drain and pat with paper towel to remove excess oil. Roll them in caster sugar.
- Once cooled, slice almost all the way through and then give a slathering and jam and cream at the time of serving.