If you enjoy decorating Cakes, Cupcakes, and Cookies, you must try this easy Homemade Marshmallow Fondant.
The taste is far more palatable than usual icing and you can even make it in your microwave! We’re sure that you will find many ways to incorporate this easy recipe and we know you will love the results.
How To Make Marshmallow Fondant
- 1 (10-ounce) package white miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound (4 cups) powdered sugar
- 1 Half Stick (1/4 cup) Butter, softened
- Food coloring, if desired
Marshmallow Fondant Instructions -:
- Combine marshmallows and water in a bowl. Microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, 1 1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth. Add powdered sugar and butter; mix into marshmallow mixture, using buttered hands, until combined. Add food color, if desired. Knead the fondant until smooth.
- Roll out fondant on board dusted with powdered sugar to appropriate size for the cake.
Technique Tips -:
It’s a good idea to use gloves during the tinting process because you need to work the food color in with your hands.
Marshmallow Fondant Video Tutorial
Learn how to make this popular Marshmallow Fondant courtesy of the very clever ‘Cupcake Addiction’ – see first hand by viewing the video tutorial. Click Play above ^
Over on Clock Work Lemon you can find an excellent tutorial complete with printable instructions. Get the details here.
Here’s another delicious version of Marshmallow Fondant and it involves adding Jello. According to the creator, this turns out wonderfully well.
It is a delicious taste and the best part, you are only going to need a few ingredients.