We are huge Tasty fans around here and we know that you are too. Imagine our delight when we discovered they had made a video showing how to make deep fried ice cream!
To say we were excited is an understatement! We were over the moon and couldn’t wait to share with you. This is the stuff that dreams are made of, just like the Chinese Restaurants.
Get The Tasty Cookbook
Tasty are the creators behind today’s video tutorial and they have a Cookbook that is filled with their latest and greatest recipes.
If you are addicted to their great ideas, this is for you. It would make a terrific gift for a foodie friend too. Get your copy here.
Deep Fried Ice Cream Video Tutorial
Robin Broadfoot is a Tasty Producer. He has never made Deep Fried Ice Cream and he tries 3 different ways.
He road tests puff pastry, breadcrumbs, and also Tempura Batter. You will love seeing the results. Click Play above to view now ^
Tempura Fried Ice Cream Recipe
Here’s the recipe for the final winner of the Deep Fried Ice Cream challenge. This will serve 6.
Deep Fried Ice Cream Ingredients
2 pints ice cream
2 11-ounce pound cake loaves
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup cold water
Oil, for frying
Deep Fried Ice Cream Instructions
1. Scoop out 6 balls of ice cream onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, and freeze for at least an hour, or until firm.
2. Slice pound cake into 1-2 inch slices.
3. Lay three slices of pound cake on plastic wrap side by side and flatten with a rolling pin.
4. Wrap frozen ice cream ball in pound cake so it’s fully enclosed. Freeze for at least an hour, or until firm.
5. Make tempura batter by mixing flour, egg, and water.
6. Heat oil to 400˚F (200˚C).
7. Coat the wrapped ice cream in tempura batter.
8. Carefully lower the coated ice cream into the oil and cook until golden brown, 15-30 seconds. Don’t cook for too long or else the ice cream will melt.
9. Serve immediately with your toppings of choice. Enjoy!
Be sure to grab your Tasty Cook Book here.