Today you will be shown how to make easy Focaccia bread at home. It’s a popular flat Italian Bread that is similar to Pizza and you top it with herbs and all your favorite ingredients.
It’s the perfect accompaniment or starter to your meals and is best served with a good virgin olive oil on the side.
This recipe is a great alternative to Garlic Bread or Olive Bread and is loaded with herbs and flavor. Today, Ella from Home Cooking Adventure shows us how to make her Classic Focaccia.
This recipe is easy and the results are so much better than store-bought. You also know exactly what you are consuming. So, let’s take a look at what you are going to need.
Focaccia Bread Ingredients
via Home Cooking Adventure
Makes about 8-10 servings
- 5 cups (630g) bread flour
- 2 tsp (15g) flaky salt
- 30g fresh yeast (3 tsp (10g) active dry yeast)
- 1 2/3 cup (400ml) lukewarm water
- 2 tsp (10g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (56g) extra-virgin olive oil
Focaccia Bread Topping
- 1/4 cup (56g) of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30ml) water
- Fresh rosemary, chopped
How To Make Focaccia Bread At Home Video
via Home Cooking Adventures
Are you ready to learn how to make easy Focaccia Bread? Ella has created an excellent video tutorial that will step you through the process from start to finish.
We highly recommend that you view it, this way you can achieve the best possible result. To see Ella in action, click Play above ^
How To Make Foccacia Bread At Home Instructions
1. In a large bowl whisk together the flour and salt.
2. In a small bowl stir fresh yeast with sugar until it liquefies. Dissolve yeast in 2/3 cup (160ml) water and then add to the flour mixture.
3. Add the oil, and the remaining 1 cup (240ml) water. Combine with a wooden spoon and then knead on a lightly floured surface for about 5-10 minutes until smooth.
4. Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Let it rest for about 1 hour at room temperature (warm space) until doubled in size.
5. On a lightly oiled surface shape the dough into a rectangle and fold in 3, rotate, stretch it a bit again and fold in 3.
6. Place the folded dough into the greased bowl, cover and let it rest for another 30 minutes.
7. Grease a 12×16 inch (30x40cm) baking sheet with extra-virgin olive oil.
8. Place the dough into the prepared baking sheet and stretch it with your palm to fit the entire pan.
9. Cover and let it rest for 30 minutes more.
10. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425F (220C).
11. Chop fresh rosemary and thyme. In a small bowl combine oil with water.
12. Use your fingers to create holes into the dough. Pour the oil-water mixture over the dough filling the holes. Sprinkle flaky sea salt and chopped herbs.
13. Bake for about 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Add some more olive oil if desired right after taking it out of the oven.
14. Cool slightly before cutting. Enjoy!